Hermann’s tortoise in Hawaii

Rszabo1

Location (City and/or State)
Honolulu, HI
hey all, I’m a pretty new owner of a yearling hermann’s tortoise. I live on the 11th floor of a condo and have built a nice little table for him on my balcony. It’s about 30x48” with water, basking area under heat/UVA and UVB. Temps in the basking area are usually around 100 degree Fahrenheit and everywhere else around 80-85 degrees as is the ambient temp in Hawaii on average. Humidity is usually around 55-75% on average with spikes after rains. After a month my tort seems pretty happy, he sleeps a good amount during the day usually late morning into the afternoon under his hiding place (a ceramic half log sort of thing. I feed him daily with euro mix leafy greens and baby romaine sprinkled with calcium and sometimes a supplement powder and often throw in some refrigerated fluker’s tortoise diet which he really seems to enjoy as he can eat a bunch of these without stopping. Is hawaii a pretty good climate for this little guy or would I be better off moving his enclosure indoors and trying to maintain a different climate there? I often let him roam about the condo as pictured and keep doors shut to keep him in a certain place and bought a leash that I put on him to take him on walks around the grassy property and follow him around. He seems healthy to me, but am always open to new suggestions for better husbandry! As you can see I’ve uploaded a pic of his table with another pic of his lights. He’s walking around the house right now (pictured) and I drop food I’m different spots for him to find and he usually finds it all and eats it! A3AB3AED-9BCB-4A8C-BEA2-9447AEB254C0.jpegCF071CD7-D6B8-49D8-9D3C-494C1C74F4D6.jpegE61113B7-8547-4683-9F0B-C2DE43A09B34.jpeg

Grace-Sophia

Location (City and/or State)
Texas
I am just now seeing Thisbe so sorry you havnt received any info sense 2019! Are you still having issues?