Hermann Tortoise Indoor Enclosure

rhysccfc31

Hi all

I have a Hermann Tortoise. Have had him now for about a year. He currently lives in a tort table but am planning to upgrade to a sort of rabbit run enclosure? Is this suitable for him? A friend of mine is getting rid of this enclosure so wouldn't cost anything. This is for indoors by the way.

I will do a bit of DIY on it anyway to be able to add lights.

Many Thanks

Attachments

• tort.jpg
    tort.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 45

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jordan
A very warm welcome to the forum! :tort:

That's a lovely enclosure.;) However, I do not know whether or not it would suit a tort. I'd suggest your waiting for answers from the experts.;)

Please post pics or your tort asap. And good luck!:D

Jess H

Location (City and/or State)
Suffolk UK
Hi all

I have a Hermann Tortoise. Have had him now for about a year. He currently lives in a tort table but am planning to upgrade to a sort of rabbit run enclosure? Is this suitable for him? A friend of mine is getting rid of this enclosure so wouldn't cost anything. This is for indoors by the way.

I will do a bit of DIY on it anyway to be able to add lights.

Many Thanks
Is there any way you could take the top half off and put it next to the run section on the level? The ramp looks a bit steep, he might fall off trying to negotiate it? If side by side he'd have a decent size open wandering area and a nice private place to retreat to while little. I put a couple of very large stones in Tim's run when younger, and he'd climb over them just for the hell of it, good for his muscles and his mind. Nowadays he has the bottom half of a cat carrier, lined with paper, with his lamp over it on a camera stand, which he uses for sleeping (light off) or basking (winter daytime). In summer he's out in the fenced front garden, and I leave him out to sleep if warm, or bring him in if a bit chilly. If he wants a winter wander, he just steps out of his bed, and strolls round the kitchen, and goes back to bed/bask whenever he wants. Some days he's in and out like a yoyo, other days he slobs about in bed nearly all day, just coming out for a spot of lunch/drink (on the other side of the kitchen). Hope this helps?