Hermann tortoise still trying to dig after laying eggs two days ago

Lucyemma23

Location (City and/or State)
Perth Scotland
Hi!
So I’m new to this page but have been reading a lot of other queries/advice etc on here whilst having my two Herman’s since August 2019. They are both 4 years old (roughly), one male (called Blitz) and one female (called Daisy)
2 weeks ago Daisy laid 5 eggs for the first time ever. It was completely unexpected but she did it with no problems. She didn’t attempt to dig or bury them that I was aware of. They were chalky white and have got a visible black circle when candled so as far as we’re aware they are fertilised and have been incubating away.
3 days ago she laid her second clutch. After 2 days of her wandering around and trying to dig but not laying them, we took her to the vet and she was given oxytocin and laid them instantly. They’re now incubating away too. For some reason, she is still walking around constantly and digging with her back legs. She is pretty restless and isn’t overly interested in food which is not like her at all! I just wondered if anyone had any ideas as to why she is still digging (she laid all 4 eggs so there’s definitely not any more in there at the moment) and whether she might lay another clutch even though she’s lay 2 in 2 weeks?! Any advice/help would be really appreciated! Thanks :)

Krista S

Platinum Tortoise Club
Saskatchewan
I am sorry, I don’t have any useful advice for you. Is she still exhibiting this same behaviour now? Hope someone is able to help give you some answers.

Lucyemma23

Perth Scotland
No worries! Yeah she’s still doing it ?‍♀️ Really trying to encourage her to eat aswell but she’s just not very interested, will have one mouthful and then walk away. Will give it a bit more time but any help would be appreciated.

Krista S

Platinum Tortoise Club
Saskatchewan
I was hoping to hear that she was back to normal. I hope someone with experience can chime in and give some guidance.