Hermanni Hermanni Locality?

Koen

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Belgium
Hi Guys,

I have been keeping & breeding boetgerri's and Hermanni hermmani for a while know, the Var and Corse ones, no I have been offered 2 more appearing to be from Apulia, 2 females from 2012.
Anyone based on the pictures can confirm this? I can only go get them in 2 weeks and unfortunately these are the only pics I have.
The 3 picture is from the adult mother.

Thanks a lot!

IMG_0973.PNG IMG_0974.PNG IMG_0975.PNG

HermanniChris

TFO Sponsor
10 Year Member!
You're willingly and openly cross breeding boettgeri and hermanni? Or did I read that wrong? (I hope so)

There's no way of knowing the locale of those animals as they are too young. However, based of general appearance, they look like locality crosses.

Koen

5 Year Member
Belgium
God no!! Of course I keep and breed them separately!! Just to be clear. I keep and breed m boetgerri's separately from my Hermanni Hermanni's and Keep and breed my hermanni hermanni per locality separately. If I would be cross breeding I wouldn't really be caring about locality would I.
Could have been more clear about that. I am from Belgium so might be a language barrier :)

Neverthless. Any idea between which locals just out of curiosity? Does the mother seems from Apulia? ( don't have a pic of the plastron and head so far) Then I'll wait until they are adults. If they appear to be locality crosses then I won't breed with them. Thanks @HermanniChris

HermanniChris

TFO Sponsor
10 Year Member!
Ok great.

They could be corse X var crosses but there's just no way of knowing for sure.

The shell of the mother looks like it could be var but the top of the head does not.

Koen

5 Year Member
Belgium
Thanks - quite suprising though since they are F1 and breeder claims them being Puglians. but definitely appreciate your judgement.
Again, once I have more pictures of the parents I will post them.

Cheers

Last edited:

HermanniChris

TFO Sponsor
10 Year Member!
Puglia, depending on which part of the region, are typically flatter and have a pastel yellow coloration. The adult in that photo is quite orange which is classic of var and Tuscan animals.

Koen

5 Year Member
Belgium
Thanks Chris, The mothers head seems quite yellow for a Tuscan.
Will put some more pics up from the parents in 2 weeks when I go and get them.

HermanniChris

TFO Sponsor
10 Year Member!
Sounds good.

Most Tuscans from the eastern portion of the region actually have very yellow-green heads.