1. Welcome! Are you interested in tortoises? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our community is the #1 place for tortoise keepers to talk online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your tortoise and enclosure, and discuss any tortoise topic with other tortoise keepers. Get started today!
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest! The 2018 Tortoise Forum Calendar is here! Click here to pre-order! Proceeds go directly to keeping TFO online and FREE for all to use! Thank you for your support!

Herpstat 4 (Spyder Robotics)

Discussion in 'Tortoise Product Reviews' started by Redstrike, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Redstrike

Redstrike Well-Known Member 5 Year Member

Caring for redfoots in the northeast means I have to keep them indoors 4-6 months a year. Setting up high humidity, sunrise/sunset, and good ambient temperatures for 4 tortoises has always been a challenge - even with a closed chamber enclosure.

Roughly 5 years ago, I invested in a Herpstat 4. At the time, this was the top end model they sold and I paid dearly for it. This unit regulates all the heat, humidity, and lighting in my closed chamber (4x8 feet). In the 5 years I've had it, there have been no issues. It's drastically reduced the amount of work I have to invest in the climate control of my indoor enclosure. It's been a life changer for me and my tortoises and I'd recommend one to anyone that asks.