Heucobs Pellets as tortoise food?

xMario

Location (City and/or State)
Germany
Hey I'm currently searching for pellets to give my sulcata a bit more variety in the winter months.
I cant buy mazuri or nutrazu in Germany.
We got lots of tortoise pellets here but the ingredients really sound unhealthy for a tortoise.

So I looked on the internet and found "Bio Heucobs" pressed pellets with only grass and grasses in them without anything else like chemical stuff...

U can wet them similar to mazuri.

They are originally made for horses.
I'm wondering what ur opinion are on this idea. All opinions are welcomed!

I'm also currently emailing with the heucobs customer service.

I really dont know what the English word is for heucobs [emoji28]

Screenshot_20190819-163116_Chrome.jpegScreenshot_20190819-163119_Chrome.jpeg

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
This is a totally different concept than Mazuri or any other prepared food. This is just plain grass blended up and compressed into pellets. If this is safe for horses, it should be safe for tortoises too. Over here we have pellets like that and also cubes that are a little bigger and rougher textured. Both are fine. This is a convenient easy way to get more grass/grass hay into a sulcata.

xMario

Germany
This is a totally different concept than Mazuri or any other prepared food. This is just plain grass blended up and compressed into pellets. If this is safe for horses, it should be safe for tortoises too. Over here we have pellets like that and also cubes that are a little bigger and rougher textured. Both are fine. This is a convenient easy way to get more grass/grass hay into a sulcata.
Okay thank u
I'm going to try it this winter[emoji846]

Action

Valley Springs, Ca.
I have some timothy grass pellets I have been feeding for the same reason, maybe some winter time feed. Little "Skittles" kind of pecks at it but not a favorite. I also soak it just a little.
Jack
Timothy pellets.jpg

xMario

Germany
Update

Littlefoot ate it right away without hesitation. It softens super quick and smells like a freshly mowed yard.

I'm not gonna run out of food during winter![emoji16]