Hey i drew this up and then made a online model... read descrip...

WHAT DO YOU THINK VOTE...

• Inpracticle

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Gymtimpro

Location (City and/or State)
Pleasant Gap Pa
I am planing on making it 2x5 feet and the walls are 12 inch high. got all the lumber plans should cost about 140$ with substrate and nails and tarp for lining and wire mesh and staples and 2 clamps and some brackets. It will be for my russian haven't asked parents yet but i got the money. Tell me what you think please prob will make a lamp hanger and the lid will just fit right on and be secured by dowelsSwanky Kup-Gaaris (1).png Swanky Kup-Gaaris (2).png Swanky Kup-Gaaris (1).png Swanky Kup-Gaaris (2).png Swanky Kup-Gaaris.png

baldegale

I am planing on making it 2x5 feet and the walls are 12 inch high. got all the lumber plans should cost about 140$ with substrate and nails and tarp for lining and wire mesh and staples and 2 clamps and some brackets. It will be for my russian haven't asked parents yet but i got the money. Tell me what you think please prob will make a lamp hanger and the lid will just fit right on and be secured by dowelsView attachment 227914 View attachment 227915 View attachment 227914 View attachment 227915 View attachment 227916

i wish i was this talented

WithLisa

5 Year Member
Austria
Looks nice, but still too small in my opinion. Could you by any chance enlarge it?

Gymtimpro

Pleasant Gap Pa
Looks nice, but still too small in my opinion. Could you by any chance enlarge it?
not enoghf room... i share a small room like 10 ft by 15 ft with my brother im 15 he is 18 lol i spent last week moving and re assembling my shelves and have enough space to put a 5 by 2 enclosure and put some shelves under it and im still sacraficing a looooot... if i had the space id do it in a heart beat

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I am planing on making it 2x5 feet and the walls are 12 inch high. got all the lumber plans should cost about 140$ with substrate and nails and tarp for lining and wire mesh and staples and 2 clamps and some brackets. It will be for my russian haven't asked parents yet but i got the money. Tell me what you think please prob will make a lamp hanger and the lid will just fit right on and be secured by dowelsView attachment 227914 View attachment 227915 View attachment 227914 View attachment 227915 View attachment 227916
It's not big enough for a full grown Russian tortoise.

Taylor T.

5 Year Member
New England
I agree. Needs to be quite a bit larger. Go for two or three times that size.

WithLisa

5 Year Member
Austria
not enoghf room... i share a small room like 10 ft by 15 ft with my brother im 15 he is 18 lol i spent last week moving and re assembling my shelves and have enough space to put a 5 by 2 enclosure and put some shelves under it and im still sacraficing a looooot... if i had the space id do it in a heart beat
:( No garden for an outside enclosure either?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Too small. Make it two levels to give proper room. An adult Russian needs at the minimum a 4x8 foot.
Another thing to think of is making part of the enclosure so it can fit under your bed and then the part with lighting etc be out into the room. You could possibly put it on wheels so you can move it out from under the bed when needed. The bed part could be the cooler end and a hide area on part of that end. Russians can take cooler temps then some so the under the bed part doesn't have to be heated, but you could attach a pig blanket or a infrared heat panel. They are much safer then heat lights and che's. With a lid on the under bed section, it could be lower then the 12 inches to make it fit.

baldegale

i will think about it and maybe edit design

making two levels would actually probably be really easy, and you dont really need a screen top cause at that point you mine aswell just have it open cause the screen does nothing for humidity. also, tortoise love ramps. just make sure theres nothing he can fall off.