Hey there I’m looking for some advice

Wazzafox84

Location (City and/or State)
Peterborough United Kingdom
How long have you had him?
Was he ever with other tortoises?
I'm currently unable to read much. But I'm thinking a previously unnoticed injury.
No his on his own. We have had him since November last year he was just under a year old when we got him it’s strange as his ok in himself there is no injury makes or cuts or anything

Wazzafox84

I like to use fir bark because you can moisten it, and the top layer dries out so he's not sitting on moist substrate. But if he digs down it's moist. A larger enclosure so that you have room to add a few potted plants helps with humidity too, as well as sight barriers so he doesn't feel so exposed.
Thank you where do you buy it from?!

Karen(pebbles)

Platinum Tortoise Club
Bristol Uk
Hi and welcome to the forum,
i also have a Hermanns aged just 15mths, i use coco fibre hand packed down on the bottom and a top layer of fine orchid bark, i get mine from a company called "internet reptile" hope this helps

Karen(pebbles)

Platinum Tortoise Club
Bristol Uk
Here u go

Attachments

• 00C17345-4232-4CFD-9FBF-3EAABFF2384B.jpeg
    00C17345-4232-4CFD-9FBF-3EAABFF2384B.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 24
  • 3C31FD01-BC6D-4F89-ABD0-BD55F98CD6D3.jpeg
    3C31FD01-BC6D-4F89-ABD0-BD55F98CD6D3.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 24

Karen(pebbles)

Platinum Tortoise Club
Bristol Uk
raddicchio? i haven't been able to find it here, only in the salad bags from the store, along with romaine lettuce, lambs lettuce, dandelion leaves, kale. I also grow my own tortoise mix which i also purchased from internet reptile, also mazuri and pellets soaked in water in between but only a small amount

Wazzafox84

raddicchio? i haven't been able to find it here, only in the salad bags from the store, along with romaine lettuce, lambs lettuce, dandelion leaves, kale. I also grow my own tortoise mix which i also purchased from internet reptile, also mazuri and pellets soaked in water in between but only a small amount
Bolt loves it & lambs lettuce & dandelion leaves too. I’ll have to try him on kale and romaine lettuce ? wow what do you grow for him thank you for your help ?

Karen(pebbles)

Platinum Tortoise Club
Bristol Uk
lol i'm not sure what it is but my tort loves it, it's a mixture of differant tort plants sold as seeds from this company, but you're very welcome

Wazzafox84

mine's Pebbles, i let my grandchildren name him/her, they're quite the little characters for sure.
mine's Pebbles, i let my grandchildren name him/her, they're quite the little characters for sure.
Aww most definitely are! We love bolt so much! Today his tip of his tail come off but his fine and happy still eating. No sores or bleeding or anything from his tail. It’s strange I can’t explain what’s happened?!

Karen(pebbles)

Platinum Tortoise Club
Bristol Uk
yeah certainly a mystery, but hey, as long as Bolt's fine thats the main thing, but just keep an eye on the tail just to be sure.

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Aww most definitely are! We love bolt so much! Today his tip of his tail come off but his fine and happy still eating. No sores or bleeding or anything from his tail. It’s strange I can’t explain what’s happened?!
Hello - I live in Devon, and like you, I couldn't find radicchio, except the little bits in mixed salad. However, I was finally able to get them from a greengrocers shop in Barnstaple (25 miles away), if I order it in advance. I get 3 heads of it at once, and it keeps for several weeks on the fridge - the people in the shop didn't know what it was called at first, and I had to take some in to show them - oh yes, red lettuce, they said - actually it is related to chicory ! So if you ask around, I think you should find somewhere you can get it. It costs about £1.50 for one head
and Zola would eat the lot at once if he could.
Angie
Z-'s-food.jpg

Wazzafox84

Hello - I live in Devon, and like you, I couldn't find radicchio, except the little bits in mixed salad. However, I was finally able to get them from a greengrocers shop in Barnstaple (25 miles away), if I order it in advance. I get 3 heads of it at once, and it keeps for several weeks on the fridge - the people in the shop didn't know what it was called at first, and I had to take some in to show them - oh yes, red lettuce, they said - actually it is related to chicory ! So if you ask around, I think you should find somewhere you can get it. It costs about £1.50 for one head
Angie
View attachment 331923
Wow thank you ? bolt loves it! I’ll have to keep my eyes out for some

Karen(pebbles)

Platinum Tortoise Club
Bristol Uk
Angie
View attachment 331923
Thanks Angie, i've searched everywhere but nowhere local to me sells it, i did buy the red chicory from sainsburys but my tort just turned his nose up at it lol

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Thanks Angie, i've searched everywhere but nowhere local to me sells it, i did buy the red chicory from sainsburys but my tort just turned his nose up at it lol
I think you probably need to ask around - taking a sample bit to show them. Smaller places are probably most likely to be able to order things, I think.
Angie