Hi All, new member

Marc_84

Location (City and/or State)
Sheffield, UK
Hi All,
My name is Marc, I am from Sheffield UK.
I thought I would join as we bought our Tortoise on 13 July this year.
Trevor is a 10 month old Horsefield/Russian Tortoise. He was bought as a family pet, both myself and my wife have weighed up the idea of having a tortoise as a pet for a couple of years and finally decided to get one. It was a surprise for our 4 year old son Teddy.
Trevor is really friendly already which is nice, he really enjoys being handled and loves a good head and neck tickle.IMG_20190716_133219.jpegIMG-20190715-WA0004.jpegIMG_20190716_133208.jpeg

katieandiggy

5 Year Member
Suffolk, United Kingdom
Hi Mark, good to meet you. I’m also in the UK on the East coast of Suffolk.

Great to see your little one.

If you need any help or advice please ask. Lots of knowledgeable people here some who have kept tortoises for decades.

Marc_84

Sheffield, UK
Thanks very much, always good to be able to tap into so much knowledge and experience. First pet we have owned, although my parents had a cat and my wife's parents have always had dogs at home.

I am really enjoying having Trevor around and it's been great to see my son so enthusiastic about him and have the confidence to handle and play with him from day one

katieandiggy

5 Year Member
Suffolk, United Kingdom
Thanks very much, always good to be able to tap into so much knowledge and experience. First pet we have owned, although my parents had a cat and my wife's parents have always had dogs at home.

I am really enjoying having Trevor around and it's been great to see my son so enthusiastic about him and have the confidence to handle and play with him from day one

They are great pets. I could sit and watch them for hours sometimes. Little dinosaurs.

Mine sadly passed away 2 weeks ago from an illness. I will rescue another next year but I’m going to give myself a break for the winter.

We have other pets, 12 chickens, a Russian hamster and recently we got a french bulldog puppy. I love having animals around. The kids love it too.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Welcome to the forum. You are in the right place.

Bountyboy

Philadelphia PA
Welcome to the forum, He looks good, this is the place to be. I've learned a lot from this family . If you don't know and need answers one of the women or men will help