Hi could do with all the help I can get with a russian baby tortoise

daniellenc

Location (City and/or State)
Maryland
I use a vitamin and mineral supplement with calcium year round even though he gets outside and eats tons of variety. It doesn’t hurt once or twice a week. Mine gets weeds, flowers, grocery store greens, and the plants I grow but it makes me feel better if I add a little extra good sprinkles.

daniellenc

Maryland
Is your yard fenced in? Russians are escape artists you’ll need something with a lid for sure. There is an entire sticky thread of outdoor enclosures take a look.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I have a sulcata I think russians need a different setup. Like daniellenc suggested look at enclosures here for russians. Your layout looks great. I think you will come up with a great enclosure. Not sure about russians but sulcata's like to climb so I had to make sure Opo didn't have something he could climb on and flip over.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
He's spent a lot of today in the garden in the sun. However, I live in England so let's face it he's going to mainly be indoors! I want his home to be as realistic as possible. I have designed how I want it to be so I was hoping that you could let me know if there are any reasons why I can't create this. So could things be bad for his health etc. Also if you have any ideas on how I can create it as in what would be good to use and things like that would be really good. Xx
Did you do that on the computer? I have a hard time ordering something online let alone make a graphic.

United kingdom
Did you do that on the computer? I have a hard time ordering something online let alone make a graphic.

Haha!! Sorry but that made me chuckle! I done it on my phone I'm a blogger so I have learnt quite a few tips and tricks for content! More than happy to make something for you if you are having trouble?

I've already read about the escape artist thing I'm quite worried about it to be honest. I've started looking into all the supplements and stuff now so if anyone has any specific brand they'd reccomend please do let me know xx

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Here's what I use. In the winter when Opo doesn't get natural sunlight I use calcium with vitamin D. Anyone if I am giving wrong advice please let me know. 20180711_162001.jpg