Hi Everyone!

Shan

Hi Everyone :) My name is Shanece, I live in NYC and will hopefully be a new tort mom in a few months. As the winter weather gets quite bitter here, I know the best tort would be a Russian. I'm trying to do ALL my research first & get set up before I get the little guy (or girl). If anyone lives in NYC & owns a tort (or breeds/sells them), I would be Sooo grateful for suggestions or your experience as a city owner. I'm also on budget at the moment, so if anyone has extra & free enclosure items to gift (substrate, lamps, seeds to grow; anything!), please contact me. Thank you!! I look forward to learning ALOT from everyone and getting to know this community.

P.S. I just went to a Reptile Expo yesterday in White Plains, NY and saw some tortoises with wet under eyes, is that normal?

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Hi Shanece. From south Florida. We have a special post for free stuff. Maybe someone that isn't a computer idiot like me can drag you the link. And no. Wet under the eyes is from a lack of proper hydration or humidity, from what I understand.

Last edited:

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
A very warm welcome to the :tort: forum.

Don't worry. You'll get the help you need:).

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Shanece!

@GBtortoises lives in upstate New York and he raises and sells Russians among others. He hasn't posted here in a while, but he has ads on Kingsnake and Faunaclassified.

pam

5 Year Member
Minnesota
Welcome :) Russians are awesome :)

Shan

Hi Shanece. From south Florida. We have a special post for free stuff. Maybe someone that isn't a computer idiot like me can drag you the link. And no. Wet under the eyes is from a lack of proper hydration or humidity, from what I understand.

Haha thanks :) I think I saw that board somewhere, but it's not in plain sight so I may have to dig for it. And thanks, I didn't think that was normal. A few of them also had cracked shells ,. Maybe they were rescues

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Hello and Welcome. Good to have you here!!

Shan

Welcome to the Forum, Shanece!

@GBtortoises lives in upstate New York and he raises and sells Russians among others. He hasn't posted here in a while, but he has ads on Kingsnake and Faunaclassified.

Thanks for the tip Yvonne :). I'll definitely take look for some of his ads.

Shan

Thanks guys!! Just saw we have an app for the site too. Awesome