Hi everyone :)

crabby-J

Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
Im sorry I broke the rules and posted to the adoption thread first..

Here is a little about myself, my name is June, I am from Southeast Michigan. I have 3 dogs, and 22+ exotic hermit crabs, and run a small hermit crab rescue, facebook group and website about them. Ive been interested in sulcata torts for many years and am looking to adopt or find a local breeder and chat with other tort lovers here! (I promise to not break any rules, I am a peaceful person) hehe

Nice to meet u all!!

Last edited:

KatieandKyle

5 Year Member
Hello! Welcome! Sounds like you have some interesting critters! Glad you found the forum! :)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:) No rules broken. But I would love to see some crab pics. You can post them in "other pet section"

crabby-J

Michigan
Thanks! Can't wait to learn more! Ill have to share some exo kid pics for sure :) the crab in my profile is my photogentic "turbo" an ecuadorian land hermit crab or c. Compressus.

Can you tell I have a love for the shelled? Ha!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I do too. I only have one though. I would love to see their set ups when you do post pics of them. I need to make a better enclosure for mine.

crabby-J

Michigan
I can help you! Once I get on my pc I will post a few pics of my tanks :) I will need tort enclosure help in exchange!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
There really aren't any rules about posting an introductory thread. The thing is, if we know a bit about you we might be better inclined to entrust a tortoise to you through the adoptions. Whew! (***wipes hand across forehead***) Glad that's outta' the way!

Welcome to the Forum, June.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Hello June and Welcome. Good to have you here.

TortMomma

Welcome! I also have a large collection of exotic hermit crabs. Strawberries, blueberries, violas, Ecuadorians, and purple pinchers. I guess were all drawn to creatures with shells! Hehe

crabby-J

Michigan
TortMomma-That's cool! I have Straws, PP's, E's, Cavipes, Blues, Violas, and Ruggs atm :) Yvonne, Thanks so much :) I was hoping not to start out on the wrong foot :) Still looking to find a healthy tort, most of the stores around here seem over priced and the torts don't seem that healthy. Glad to be here that's for sure :)

crabby-J

Michigan
I just posted a thread with some pics in the other pets section :) I also just posted a wanted ad in the "wanted" section but was wondering if an admin can delete my thread in the "Adoption" section? I did not see that last night on my tablet but wanted to post in the right place :) Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes! I hope to get to know you guys better! :)

Jabuticaba

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, MB
Hi, June! I'm May. :)
Welcome to the forum.

May, Aussies, & THBs
IG: @AUSSOMEAUSSIES