Hi folks! Few questions about diet for my baby Leopards

KatieKat523

1374183_10153526853897506_5063687237737288211_n.jpg Ive got a 4 month old male, and a 2 month old female. Ive been on multiple sites regarding diets as I would really like to give them a variety. With it being winter here, a lot of things are hard to come by. Im in the process of making a list of different veggies, plants, and grasses, that they can eat and how frequently they should eat it. If anyone has any suggestions, advice, or ideas, please feel free to reply. Right now they are eating a mixture of Kale with Repashy super veggie supplement and Repashy grassland grazer tortoise gel. Ive attached a photo of my babies. The younger female is noticeably larger than my petite male.

1374183_10153526853897506_5063687237737288211_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
Most stores sell spring mix, along with dandelion,turnip,nustard greens. If you like radishes you could buy those eat the radish yourself, and feed the greens. Lots of choices even in wintr time, very infrequent though on fruits, and veggies, stick to greens.You can also use mazuri, along with greens.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
With the babies, I liked to give them grass and weeds in addition to the store bought greens, like spring mix. I'd go out to the yard and cut some grass clippings to sprinkle on the store greens or to mush into the Mazuri.
I've also become a big fan on the Herbal Hay sold by Tortoise Supply. I sprinkle that onto the greens too. Adds more variety and more fiber.

2 and 4 month old torts can't be accurately sexed by the way. Not sure if you knew that or not. They can be incubated at certain temperatures to "try"and achieved a desired gender...but it'll still take some size and time to confirm. You might know this and maybe selected some from a breeder that incubated for sex....but since I don't know you, I thought I'd offer that info in case someone/the seller miss lead you.

J.P.

5 Year Member
Philippines
i'm also curious how you know the sex of your leopards.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Your leopards are too young to sex. When they are around two a guess can be given, but unless the male flashes you, it could talk a few more years before they can be positively sexed.

KatieKat523

leopardfemaletail.jpg leopardmaletail.jpg Because one looks like each of these. Clearly, look like these. No question about it.

leopardfemaletail.jpg leopardmaletail.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
There's a nice list of foods for your babies in the care sheet pinned at the top of the Leopard section.

KatieKat523

I'm sure it could still change. And if it does, that's fine. But I'm going by what I see so they can have names. Instead of just being nameless because sex is not 100%.

J.P.

5 Year Member
Philippines
acceptable to name whatever you want based on apparent gender, nobody would have questioned that if you just mentioned their names instead of refereing to them in your original post by their sex.

KatieKat523

What I claim their sex to be had nothing to do with the original reason that I posted. Everyone has their right to an opinion, however, if you're not going to discuss the actual reason I posted and only tell me that I'm wrong about the sexes then I don't want to hear it and don't waste my time. I'm posting here for further food options. Not to hear that I'm probably wrong. I truthfully don't care. And I'm debating on deleting this post all together since everyone is so quick to tell me I'm wrong about sex and not help with food options.