Hi From Atlanta GA

Tortellina1

Location (City and/or State)
Atlanta GA
My Tortellina is 14 months. I have had her for 3 months. She will eat out of my hand at times but she is, for the most part, very skidish and tucks away when I try to touch her . When I hold her she doesn't mind it as much. Is this something that she will get used to with time? How long should it take for her to become more comfortable with me. I may be a bit anxious as she is my first Sulcata.
Thanks in advance for your input!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Anything going over their head, they will usually tuck in. All of their predators that wants to eat them are taller then them. I have three very friendly out going torts. If I move quickly over them or my shadow goes over them the tuck in, but then will quickly come back out. If I want to let them I go to their chin and then move to the top of their heads.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Hello, and a very warm welcome to Tortoise Forum to you and Tortellina. :)
Some tortoises are more outgoing, some are more shy and nervous, some will get used to you and see you as the food god, but others may stay more nervous. Time will tell, they do have individual personalities.

N

no one

Hello and Welcome!! Hope your Tortellina gets more used to you. I can rubbmine over their heads. And my Star walk on to my hand. And eats out of my hand. Love them!!