Hi from belgium

Koen

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Belgium
Hi guys,

My name is Koen, I live in Belgium and keep 6 Hermanni Boetgerri's and have been keeping tortoises since I was 14 years old.
I keep them permanently outdoors with additional ceramic heating for the cooler days and they hibernate in their heated house as well.

Here are some pics of the oldest. Peggy and George ( kids choose the names :) ) the hatchlings are in a separate housing and hidden somewhere due to the heatwave here.

Hope to share some ideas here!

Cheers

IMG_0827.JPG IMG_0783.JPG

AmberD

Ontario
Welcome from Canada! I just recently started my tortoise journey with a redfoot.

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
Hi Koen, I've never been to Belgium but would love to visit sometime. I am originally from Poland and living in Texas, US now. I started my "tortoise adventure" pretty late in life, just 2 yrs ago, with the couple of Redfooted babies. They were supposed to be my then 10 yr old daughter's first pets... you can probably figure out the rest of the story:) in my family we have a policy to not "leave anyone behind" which includes any pet/animal that enters our house. Anyway, the tortoises are mine for now until one of my 3 children grow up and settle in a house with nice garden to let the live in. Koen, it is great to have you here, glad you have found us here. Your torts are beautiful

Koen

5 Year Member
Belgium
Hi Guys,

Thanks a lot for welcoming me. And Pearly, I know exactly what you mean :)

I have had torts for over 10 years and still enjoy them everyday. I am a member or the NBSV which is basically a membership of the Dutch and Belgium tortoises association which is great fun as well.

In Belgium there is not much to see though. Except for a statue peeing, Bruges and Antwerp where I live, it's pretty boring here. Nevertheless. My torts seem happy here so so am I :)

Cheers!

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
Hi Guys,

Thanks a lot for welcoming me. And Pearly, I know exactly what you mean :)

I have had torts for over 10 years and still enjoy them everyday. I am a member or the NBSV which is basically a membership of the Dutch and Belgium tortoises association which is great fun as well.

In Belgium there is not much to see though. Except for a statue peeing, Bruges and Antwerp where I live, it's pretty boring here. Nevertheless. My torts seem happy here so so am I :)

Cheers!
Omg!!!! "Statue peeing"!!! I looked it up!!!! Omg!!!! Lmbo!!!!! :)lol

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Hi and welcome! I love your tortoise enclosure. And they are so beautiful. I am from Jamaica. You know, Usain Bolt, Bob Marley....!
Only thing I know about Bruges is the movie "In Bruges" which was really interesting and the guy in it really cute. LOL!!!

Koen

5 Year Member
Belgium
Thanks TammyJ!

I definitely know Bob Marley ans Usian Bolt. Ya Man! :)

Belgium and in particular Antwerp is also the biggest diamond trading center in the world, just for your info ;)

Cheers!