Hi from Canada!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KoopaNGoomba

5 Year Member
Hi everyone,

My name is Devon and I am the caretaker of two Sulcatas. They were both rescues, given to me due to their prior owners not realizing how big they got. Both had started to pyramid and the owners were not prepared to provide proper care.

Unfortunately I do not living in the ideal climate for Koopa and Goomba and I hope to find them a home in Costa Rica eventually, where family lives. We know of multiple high quality rescues/sanctuaries there that have Sulcatas.

In the meantime, I am here to learn as much as I can about these guys to make their stay in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada a little easier. Goomba is only the size of a tea saucer, but Koopa is getting quite big and spends the summer and spring outside. It's getting to be that time of year where he has to come indoors because of the weather, and he needs a larger enclosure this winter. I've come to get ideas for indoor winter enclosures for larger Sulcatas.

I've also come in hopes of generating feedback on the care (or lack thereof) of a local Sulcata being kept at a zoo in Alberta. He is suffering severely and our local authorities have yet to answer to our (there are many people concerned about him and this zoo is in the process of fighting a shut down order) concerns about him. They do not usually deal with tortoises. I am hoping public pressure and emails from tortoise keepers might make them rethink their decision to leave him in their care. I will start a thread elsewhere detailing my concerns about him.

Anyways, I have been browsing already for a few hours and look forward to talking to you all! :D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Devon:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Welcome to our family Devin! Do we get to see pictures of your two sulcatas? Please.

KoopaNGoomba

5 Year Member
Thanks everyone!!

I just posted pictures of Koopa in the pictures sub-forum. I don't have any pictures of Goomba yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.