hi from me and sissy and her not tort siblings

zolasmum

5 Year Member
aw how cute, when i was a little girl we lived in up state new your at the bottom of one of the mountions way out in the country we had a horse and chickens and for my 6th or 7th birthday mom and dad got me a little lamb....they brought it to the school to surprise me in class, i guess the teacher know about it because we were all sitting on the floor in a circle when my big brother and mom and dad came to the door and when the teacher let them in my brother had the little lamb by a roap and walked it over to me...I named her cathy and she lived right in the house with us....lol mom told me i used to lie on the floor and she would be my pillow one day she jumped on the couch and broke it lol after tht she had to go live in the barn with our shelton pony. lol I have pictures of me as a little girl walking her around the yard on a leash...I named her Kathy...lol
Here is a lovely photo my husband took yesterday - the lambs have seen the farmer coming with their food.
Angie xx`z59s.jpg

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
I've been trying to figure out what I'd like to do to crochet a 🐢 stuffy.and got stumped 🤔. And well... dish scrubys came along. To make a long story hahaha short ll realized that making silly little dish scrubbys could teach me.😁IMG_20220421_170822057.jpg

Dragon

michagin
Here is a lovely photo my husband took yesterday - the lambs have seen the farmer coming with their food.
Angie xxView attachment 343531
Aww how cute!!! Iv tried to talk spike into letting me have a wee little lamb, after all we do have an entire acer of land...and as a bounis i could learn how to shear it and then spin the wool into yarn....he wouldnt buy it!! lol He said we have MORE then enough animals as it is and besides that I KNOW you as soon as it rained or got cold youed insist on bringing it into the house and I REFUSE to have live stock in the house!! lol I couldnt argue with that as i know me to....and hes right lol I could neve leave a poor little lamb or sheep outside in the rain and cold!! lol so I guess i will just have to be sasitfed with looking at the pictures of me and my little kathy lol

Dragon

michagin
I've been trying to figure out what I'd like to do to crochet a 🐢 stuffy.and got stumped 🤔. And well... dish scrubys came along. To make a long story hahaha short ll realized that making silly little dish scrubbys could teach me.😁View attachment 343537
oh how adorable!! I love it!! you wouldnt happen to have a pattern for it do you? Id love to make one! Or did you make it with out a pattern? My oldest daught never uses a pattern, she just decides what she wants to make grabs her hook and yarn and makes it!! a mothers dream, the child surpassing the skills of her mother..... the only kinds of crochet patterns I can make for myself are graph patterns or feliet crochet patterns....humm I bet I have a pattern of a turtle somewhere....with 50+ years of crochet patterns combinded with my moms and my grandmothers crochet patterns i MUST have a turtle somewhere ..... all id have to do is find one! Its been suggested several times that i go through my patterns and orginize them....which i could do with the patterns that arent in a book or magazie....humm guess i'll have to start looking though my patterns spike hates when i start looking through patterns lol i wind up with stacks of patterns all over the house as i sepreat the ones iv looked through from the ones i havent and then of course I have a diffeent stack full of patterns iv found cute and want to make lol

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
oh how adorable!! I love it!! you wouldnt happen to have a pattern for it do you? Id love to make one! Or did you make it with out a pattern? My oldest daught never uses a pattern, she just decides what she wants to make grabs her hook and yarn and makes it!! a mothers dream, the child surpassing the skills of her mother..... the only kinds of crochet patterns I can make for myself are graph patterns or feliet crochet patterns....humm I bet I have a pattern of a turtle somewhere....with 50+ years of crochet patterns combinded with my moms and my grandmothers crochet patterns i MUST have a turtle somewhere ..... all id have to do is find one! Its been suggested several times that i go through my patterns and orginize them....which i could do with the patterns that arent in a book or magazie....humm guess i'll have to start looking though my patterns spike hates when i start looking through patterns lol i wind up with stacks of patterns all over the house as i sepreat the ones iv looked through from the ones i havent and then of course I have a diffeent stack full of patterns iv found cute and want to make lol
That one is a free pattern on yarnspirations.com. I modified the legs to make them flat instead of round. It's made of Red heart scrubby yarn. I really like that yarn best for the dish scrubbys because it stays so clean. By doing the patterns first it's helping me to know how to accomplish my own patterns.🤗

Dragon

michagin
That one is a free pattern on yarnspirations.com. I modified the legs to make them flat instead of round. It's made of Red heart scrubby yarn. I really like that yarn best for the dish scrubbys because it stays so clean. By doing the patterns first it's helping me to know how to accomplish my own patterns.🤗
Hey thanks!!! and i have the scrubby yarn too I use the regular dish cloth yarn to make the dish cloths with a picture crocheted into it (graphed crochted into them) i might try a graph pattern with the scrubby yarn and see how it works out

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Hey thanks!!! and i have the scrubby yarn too I use the regular dish cloth yarn to make the dish cloths with a picture crocheted into it (graphed crochted into them) i might try a graph pattern with the scrubby yarn and see how it works out
I made the Zen poof today in about an hour and a half. It says for the bathroom but could be a little dish scrubby instead. I like the smallness of it for dishes The turtle one has a hand hole in it 🤔😁 I couldn't figure out the pattern at first because of that. Here's the Zen poof. It reminds me of a sand dollar and I know I could modify the pattern to do one. I like the pattern because it taught me a little trick about that Red Heart scrubby yarn. It looks and does just as nice if you crochet IMG_20220422_175817187.jpgin the spaces instead of trying to see the dang stitches 🪡👀👀👀!!!!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
The same thing happens to me with my son 🤣 he aught to be a chef. As far as stitching goes, he drives me nuts. Makes me teach him a stitch and then comes up with a leather thing that's awesome. He's passing it on to my grandchildren too. Maybe I did something right.🤗