Hi from mid wales

Sianlg

Location (City and/or State)
Wales
hi, I was given a horsefield tortoise for my 50th birthday last week , it was a lovely surprise as been wanting one for years
Peanut is lovely & is already responding to my voice , he’s eating well, sleeping ok I think, digging loads & climbing up corners & over his hide
I just have one question, we have a eco terra thermostat, which I was told to set it to 34c during the day & 18c at night, but it doesn’t switch the light off completely at night & doesn’t drop to 18c, it does go down to about 26c but that’s it , I’ve moved the probe but no different
Thanks

N444ayr

Milton Keynes
Welcome to the forum I can't give much info myself as I'm also new here but no doubt someone will be along soon to give you some awesome advise as they helped me allot when I first posted.
You will enjoy it here.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Greetings in Wales

Heres a very good care guide on how to take care of your new friend - https://tortoiseforum.org/threads/sticky-hermanns-tortoise-care-sheet-updated.101410/

As far as your thermostat, not exactly sure what your particular issue might be. Since everything is new, make sure you have the set point (s) adjusted properly, and the probe located .

Maybe you can upload some pix that show how you have things set up.

Good luck n happy torting

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum!

I can't help you with advice about your thermostat, because I've never had one.