Hi From New Jersey!

leopardcupcake

5 Year Member
Hello Everyone!

My name is Kerri and I am a hardcore tortoise noob :). I have been wanting one for a while and I finally took the plunge and ordered a Leopard Tortoise hatchling from Backwater Reptiles. I ordered him before I read the negative reviews about them, so I was pretty worried that he would arrive sick or dead.

Thankfully he came alive, this was on Friday. He has been eating up a storm! I've been offering him a spring mix with some fresh grass cuttings from my yard, with some soaked/crushed Mazuri pellets on top and he is chowing down with no problem. I've also been soaking him and he is drinking too. He had his first poop with me today during his morning soak and I was surprised at how big it was for his size. He weighs in at a whopping 36 grams.

I have been reading all of the threads on here and I am so thankful for all of the information that you have provided. Your beginner mistakes thread/setup threads in particular have been very helpful. I obviously have much more to learn, so please don't hesitate to give me any tips or advice. I will be doing much more research on here, without a doubt.

Anyway, I look forward to meeting everyone! You guys seem like a very friendly bunch. Here are some pictures of my new baby. His/her name is Cupcake, and he still has his egg tooth (or what I think is an egg tooth) so I am assuming that he is very young.

IMG_5990.JPG

IMG_5986-1.JPG

IMG_5989.JPG

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fes, Morocco
hello, Kerri , and a very warm welcome to you and Cupcake. :)
He's gorgeous!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the forum, Kerri! It's good to know you have already read the threads we normally link for noobs!

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England