Hi guys I need help on my sulcata

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortie6778

5 Year Member
He is 3yrs old and he has two things I'm starting to worry about first thing is the Line on the bottom of his shell isn't straight the whole way. I've noticed that since I got him but figured it wasn't a big deal so I'm just hoping Someone can let me know. Also he has a brown/black spot on his shell and I'd like to know if this is serious I haven't noticed it until today while giving him a soak so pls I'm new to this and I'm hoping if its serious you can help I really love this guy thanks. ImageUploadedByTortForum1373387524.315210.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1373387551.342545.jpg

I was wondering if the first pic was a bruse? Maybe he rolled from his log or something just wondering. Would really appreciate replys thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
It's hard to tell because the picture is blurry. I don't know what would cause that dark spot to show up in the shell. If you're really worried about it, maybe you should take him to the vet.

The line being crooked might be nothing to worry about too. Just adds a bit to his character. He seems to have a bit of a wrinkle in the shell on either side of the center line. Probably left over from when he was folded in half in the egg, and never straightened out completely. It may cause a bit of deformity as he grows, but I don't think its life threatening, just cosmetic (hopefully).

tortie6778

5 Year Member
Ok thanks a bunch ill probably take him this weekend because I really want him to live a healthy life.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
The dark spot looks like it might be a canine puncture wound. Is that possible? Try posting a clear pic.

tortie6778

5 Year Member
Can that be deadly? Or hurt him in anyway. Also can he take antibiotics to help it. He hasn't been refusing food or anything odd Thats why I didn't worry when I first saw it but Im second guessing myself ImageUploadedByTortForum1373430733.225445.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1373430761.507577.jpg

Also do you mean canine like dog? If so no he's always being watched and I don't let any of my dogs in his presence even though there docile dogs as they can get alittle excited.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.