Hi Hoe! Hi Hoe! Love da TFO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Orange County, So Cal
Hi "hoe", for gardening. Love me that gardening and growing!

Hello everyone ... BeeBee here ... long time troll-the-forum person who has read a lot here and learned so much on this forum. I feel quite lucky to have found TFO and so I joined today, finally, on St. Patrick's Day. Yay! (Insert Irish jig here).

Okay. So, I L-O-V-E love, love, love this forum. I just think tortoises and turtles are magnificent beyond words. It is so great how fellow keepers give and share so willingly so that we can all further understand the chelonian world which can be rather mysterious at times. I also love that people from all over our planet are joining the forum for the same reasons that I lurked, read and was educated greatly by these fellow keepers. I really think it's beyond awesome when people from other countries join TFO. Thank you so much for the wealth of knowledge, all in the interest of keeping our little friends happy, healthy and thriving. Woo hoo!

I am in So Cal, in lovely Orange County. I have a leopard hatchling whose mother is Pardalis Pardalis and father is part PP and part Babcocki. My little leopard is about 2 months old and I love him to bits and can't wait until he is older so I can squeeze his little cheeks. I was calling him BeePee for Babcocki-Pardalis but Yoshi means "good luck" and I am leaning towards that being his/her name. Not sure yet.

I also have two PetSmarties, two Greeks of unknown species. Their names are Wabi and Sabi because they are perfectly imperfect. I look at them and say, "Wow, where on earth did you come from?". Just the thought of them travelling so far to now be with me, makes me love them that much more. And I might add, not the best part of the world for liking us USA peeps, so that they somehow made it over here to have a better life than a war torn desert, is kinda cool. Then again, maybe my little ones were farmed in Slovenia, in which case, I am still glad these two are here with me. Pure joy.

Not with me, but at my bro's are our family's heirlooms. Grandpa's 4 desert tortoises, born in 1952, almost stepped on in the desert by his big ole boots and "rescued' from being someone with wings' lunch. They are treasured and cared for in the most cherished way. I am partial to the CDTs, don't have any of my own, but gopherus have a special place in my heart since I had 4 of them my whole life and still do.

Okay, kinda wordy, but that's it for now. I know, I know ... PICTURES. One thing I learned about this very cool forum is everybody likes lotsa pictures. And pictures are indeed worth a thousand words. And fun to see!

Thanks everyone! Havahappy rest of St Patrick's Day! : )

PS The picture is my baby leopard and his funny scutes, doing yoga. That's a Grassland lid next to him (he is so little) and that was his first poops after I got him. Yeah, I was pretty happy that he was eating and pooping from the get go. Only fellow tortoise keepers can understand that one, right?

Attachments

• Baby BeePee YogaStretch.jpg
    Baby BeePee YogaStretch.jpg
    466.5 KB · Views: 45

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Orange County, So Cal
Thank you so much for the welcome everyone.

I had never explored that thread. Lordy, Lordy I was rather yakky yakky, wasn't I? Kinda too much for a little intro! You'd think I had the Bailey's Irish and the Guinness, together, for St Pat's Day. Nope. Just green tea.

Thanks again folks. This is a very cool forum. Love the learning. : )

Shannon and Jason

5 Year Member
South Arkansas
Hi and welcome! I enjoyed reading your intro, you seem like someone who enjoys life and can give great details when telling a story :)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:) I love your intro. Your as crazy as the rest of us:D you will fit in just great:p :D yes we want lots o pics and some more of your so jolly threads.:)

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Orange County, So Cal
Thank you again all y'all. You are too kind. And I will say this, if the whole world was cray-cray like the tortoise/turtle people on this forum, the world would be a much better place. One can learn a lot from a tortoise and the company it keeps!

pepsiandjac

10 Year Member!
Swansea UK
he's hiding his face thinking,"you're not squeeze my little cheeks" lol[/i]

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Orange County, So Cal
Totally, LOL. By golly, you're right. I thought he was doing yoga but he musta read my mind and is thinking, "Nooooo, not my itty bitty cheekees!" Isn't he darling with his crazy scutes? He was the little weirdo of the clutch. Everyone else had nice proper scutes. My little one, is all Dali-esque. Little work of art. I hope he gets more of his Pardalis Pardalis and grows BIG! So tiny now.

Status
Not open for further replies.