Hi, I'm Glenn

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtiljen

5 Year Member
I am new to the Tortoise Forums. I have been keeping turtles since i was around 8 years old or so. My parents would never allow me to have any so growing up I always snuck Box Turtles in cardboard boxes and hid them outside only to find them fried by the sun the next day. I had no clue what I was doing and would cry when it died. Not all died, but I never kept any for more than a week my parental units would always make me turn them loose when they found out and I'd cry again lol. When I went to Myrtle Beach growing up I seen my first Sulcata tortoise and fell in love all over again around the age of 21 or so, purchased the Sulcata raised him/her to a nice healthy semi adult only to realize I don't have the room for this guy when he gets larger, wish the pet store had warned me. He/she now lives on a farm and has plenty of room and I have taken to a more colorful more manageable tortoise breed known as the Red Foot Tortoise. The love of turtles and tortoises has always been part of me now the age of 31 I have done my homework I live and breathe these animals. I read Reptiles magazine, attend all the reptile shows that I can and my wife gets sick of hearing about them. I do reptile photography and field herping as a hobby here in Greensboro, NC. Recently found out I'm going to be a father also and plan on raising my child to have the same affection for these animals that I do. I have many many field trips for me and my child planned in the future. :) Well, here I am at the Tortoise Forums.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Glenn and welcome to the Forum!

Jabuticaba

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, MB
Hello, Glenn. Welcome!

May[CHERRY BLOSSOM], Hermann's [TURTLE][TURTLE] & Aussie [DOG FACE][DOG FACE][DOG FACE] (@YWG)

samsmom

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
CedarCreekLake, Texas
hello, welcome to the forum and congratulations on your upcoming fatherhood!

AnnV

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
SWFL
Welcome! What an exciting time for you!

Ann from CT

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Welcome,to TFO . Congratulations on the new baby:D:D

Sent from my C771 using TortForum mobile app

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Hi Glenn, and welcome. Funny you mentioned how you loved reptiles since you were 8 years old. I never knew I loved them even though I've taken my son's reeves turtle and cared for her for 25 years! It wasn't until I got my two baby sulcatas that I rediscovered my affection for these creatures. My sullies are 20 months old now and with the addition of a rescue sulcata from Arizona, I love them as my own children.

gtiljen

5 Year Member
they are awesome animals

Sent from my C5170 using TortForum mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.