Hi I'm new to this Forum.

Pam Pumar

Location (City and/or State)
Key West
I have an African Spur that is approx 22 years old. His name is Calypso and he weighs over 100 lbs. I have owned him since he was six weeks old (given to me as a gift from my son that didn't do any research on how long he would live and how big he would get). My problem is he is out growing his living environment and I am looking for information on any Sanctuaries in the Florida area. Any information would be greatly appreciated. I have been considering this for approx two years but have not been able to let go of him until recently when it appears he is scratching his shell pretty severely in a few areas. I'm becoming more concerned about his health and safety. The fact that he is a member of our family has made it very difficult for me to make the decision to re-home him. In the picture he was helping me clean the yard!

Attachments

• Calypso.JPG
    Calypso.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 15

Mikki

Spring Hill, Fl
I have an African Spur that is approx 22 years old. His name is Calypso and he weighs over 100 lbs. I have owned him since he was six weeks old (given to me as a gift from my son that didn't do any research on how long he would live and how big he would get). My problem is he is out growing his living environment and I am looking for information on any Sanctuaries in the Florida area. Any information would be greatly appreciated. I have been considering this for approx two years but have not been able to let go of him until recently when it appears he is scratching his shell pretty severely in a few areas. I'm becoming more concerned about his health and safety. The fact that he is a member of our family has made it very difficult for me to make the decision to re-home him. In the picture he was helping me clean the yard!
Owls Nest. They are amazing!! They have a wonderful place of an types of animals. They are not just for owls, that's just the name. They were on Fox 13 news also. Please look them up. They are anazing wonderful people

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Welcome,what a beautiful specimen. Nice smooth shell. Wish I had room,but one is enough for me.
Good luck rehoming.