Hi! I'm new :/

maddie134

Hi! I'm Maddie and I'm new to the forum. I haven't yet bought a tortoise but I will soon. I researched all about the different types I can get and how to take care of them but I'm still not sure which breed to get. The possible breeds I'm thinking of are red-footed, leopard, hermann, Indian star, or Sulcata. Which breed do you think would be the best. Btw I live in hk. As yes I have considered all the breeds and I know I can take care of them. So if you think a particular breed would be better for a beginning tortoise caretaker, please do tell me :)
I'll try to post often but for now bye!

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Welcome.
If you're looking for simplicity, get an adult or a sub adult I.M.O.
I keep Redfoot and find them simple to keep. But they suit the south Florida environment.....
How will you be keeping this tortoise and how much room do you have available for it?

maddie134

Welcome.
If you're looking for simplicity, get an adult or a sub adult I.M.O.
I keep Redfoot and find them simple to keep. But they suit the south Florida environment.....
How will you be keeping this tortoise and how much room do you have available for it?

Hi!
Thank you for the advise. I actually have a pretty big space where am at and I do plan bringing the tortoise right down a floor where there's also a lot of space outside. I also have been looking at indoor tanks and I've found one big enough actually.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Hello, Maddie, and vary warm welcome to Tortoise Forum.
If you've got the space anything is possible if you get the set up right.
The choice is yours. :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Maddie.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
A very warm welcome to the forum! :)

Look forward to know what tort you choose.:D (By the way, I've had a Greek tort for 5.5 year and I LOVE him). :<3: