Hi... It's been a few years, but I'm

EriNichole

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Back. I used to live on this forum when I kept leopard torts but couldn't remember my old login. I don't have any leopards at this time but still am avid herp keeper. My newest addition is a Western Box turtle. I think he/she perhaps has something special going on with its genetics maybe someone can help me figure it out. :)

I live on the Texas Gulf coast, Houston/Galveston area. I look forward to getting to know some of you guys and possibly meeting some of you at the various reptile shows in the region.

This is my little WBT.. ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1485727900.140105.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome back. If you tell me your old username I'll combine the two accounts. That will give you back all your posts.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Hi, and welcome back. :)
Don't now enough about Boxies to help with your query, but he/she is most certainly a beautiful creature.

EriNichole

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Thanks everyone for the warm
Welcome back.

Update... I mis spoke.. my turtle is an Eastern Flowering box..

Yvonne G, I don't remember my old username, it's been years, literally, since I was last here but my email was [email protected] if that helps any?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Nope, not an eastern. And there's really no such thing as a "flowering" box turtle except in the Asian species. And yours isn't Asian. I accepted that it was a Western (luteola) when you said that, but it could even be a three toe (Terrapene carolina triunguis) or a Gulf coast (Terrapene carolina major).

EriNichole

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hm, ok.. very interesting. I'll research more, that's the info I got from the breeder but it was in a bin marked "western" so I assumed..

Anyhoo, thank you for the info.