Hi! New here

Kaycelyn

Location (City and/or State)
CT
Hi my name is Kaycelyn and I live in Connecticut. I have a young Russian tortoise(not sure of his age or gender). I’ve had him since September of last year His name is Harvey and he seems healthy for the most part but he doesn’t eat much and sleeps all the time. He also gets frightened very easily and will only eat food that is green.

Attachments

• 7D44DB57-A52B-4693-925A-CF2D65D453C2.jpeg
    7D44DB57-A52B-4693-925A-CF2D65D453C2.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 18

Tim Carlisle

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Cincinnati, OH
Hi my name is Kaycelyn and I live in Connecticut. I have a young Russian tortoise(not sure of his age or gender). I’ve had him since September of last year His name is Harvey and he seems healthy for the most part but he doesn’t eat much and sleeps all the time. He also gets frightened very easily and will only eat food that is green.
Nice! Welcome to the forum!

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas
Welcome to the forum! We would love to see pictures of your enclosure.

If you got this tortoise from a pet store, it is a wild caught adult and anywhere from 4-15+ years old. It is likely male, but we could sex him if you give us a picture of his tail.

Inactivity can be caused by temps being too low. What are your basking, cool side, and night temps?

Be sure to give these a read-
Russian Tortoise Care Sheet https://tortoiseforum.org/index.php?threads/Russian-Tortoise-Care-Sheet.80698/

Beginner Mistakes https://tortoiseforum.org/index.php?threads/Beginner-Mistakes.45180/

RosemaryDW

5 Year Member
Newport Coast, CA
Welcome! You have an adult or near-adult wild caught tortoise. Take a look at the care sheets linked above and you'll be off to a good start.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Hello and welcome to a great tortoise site! We would love to see some pictures of your tortoise and setup.