Hi, New Redfoot companion

Status
Not open for further replies.

fhintz

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fort Myers, FL
Hi all, just got my first pet ever, a wonderul Redfoot Tortoise, from Pet Smart, this past Friday. His name is Themistocles. I won't call myself a pet owner cause he's my little buddy.

He spent most of his first few days here just hiding away and I was pretty worried about him. Not so much cause he was hiding but just worried that he wasn't going out to the water and food.

I was glad to find some posts here that seemed to help a lot. Turns out I probably had too much UVB and lighting scaring him. Also got some good input on improving keeping the humidity up. He's been more perky the last couple days and did some exploring. I was so happy to see him scooting around a bit.

Thanks for the good info and glad I found this site.

Frank

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Hi Frank! Stick around for lots more great advice! Welcome and congrats on your new buddy!

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Hi Frank welcome to you and Themistocles. What a unique name where did you come up with it and does it have a specific meaning? Looking forward to seeing pic and hearing stories as time goes on. :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Frank:

889319r63iiqwj8s.gif

to the forum!!

I'm glad you were able to find some info here to help you with your tortoise set-up. I'm sure you and your new "companion" are going to spend many wonderful hours together!

Yvonne

fhintz

5 Year Member
Fort Myers, FL
Themistocles was a statesman in classical Athens. Largely responsible for building up the fleet that led to victory in the Persian wars. Sort of an homage to what I studied in college, and it seemed tortoisy to me. Seems to fit the lil guy.

Thanks for the welcomes!

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Welcome Frank & Thermistocles !!!!!! This is the prefect place for you to learn all you need to know to keep your new buddy happy & healthy :) We loooove pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.