Hi, New to forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLMoss

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Brooklyn, New York
Hi, I just lost my Indian Star after having him for many years... I am sick over my loss. I need this forum in regards to why he passed, and to learn more about Stars. Also, I would like to buy another Star; however, I am worried about baby Stars and their mortality rate. Most of the rep sites that I have found are selling their babies for over $450. I would like to have a fighting chance with a new baby Star, and not have him/her pass after two hours of receiving the baby. The price for an older Star is way out of reach for me, they are priced over $1,500 on the sites that I found.

I live in the US, Brooklyn, NY and hope to connect with some Star owners in my area, and/or the US. Also a breeder that will be willing to work with me.

Thanks, CLMoss[/size][/align]

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi CL:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

Sorry about your star. If you were able to keep it alive for that length of time, you probably should be giving US pointers instead of the other way around.

Did you have a necropsy done? Did the tortoise have symptoms before it died?

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
I am so terribly sorry for your loss. You came to the right place.

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
New York
Hi and welcome to the forum! So sorry to hear about your loss. :( I'm in NY too, and I know that there is a big reptile expo in White Plains the weekend after Thanksgiving. Perhaps they will have what you are looking for. There is a member here on the forum (pdrobber) that can give you a direct link for it. I hope you get the answers that you seek. Good luck with the search for a new tortoise.

CLMoss

5 Year Member
Brooklyn, New York
emysemys said:
Hi CL:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

Sorry about your star. If you were able to keep it alive for that length of time, you probably should be giving US pointers instead of the other way around.

Did you have a necropsy done? Did the tortoise have symptoms before it died?

Hi Yvonne G.,

My Torti passed due to an RI... Ran him to the vet, received meds and he passed within a few hours. I am sick over this. Symptoms were noticed early and I still lost him. I feel very guilty.

Regarding the information that I read on this forum, I think that it is great! I messed up when the season changed here in NY. I did not relize how cold the evenings were getting here in the north... I am always hot! I believe that this was the problem and how he got a cold.

Thanks, C

CLMoss

5 Year Member
Brooklyn, New York
AnthonyC said:
Hi and welcome to the forum! So sorry to hear about your loss. :( I'm in NY too, and I know that there is a big reptile expo in White Plains the weekend after Thanksgiving. Perhaps they will have what you are looking for. There is a member here on the forum (pdrobber) that can give you a direct link for it. I hope you get the answers that you seek. Good luck with the search for a new tortoise.

Thank you Anthony!

CLMoss

5 Year Member
Brooklyn, New York
Hi Yvonne G.,

My Torti passed due to an RI... Ran him to the vet, received meds and he passed within a few hours. I am sick over this. Symptoms were noticed early and I still lost him. I feel very guilty.

Regarding the information that I read on this forum, I think that it is great! I messed up when the season changed here in NY. I did not relize how cold the evenings were getting here in the north... I am always hot! I believe that this was the problem and how he got a cold.

Thanks, C

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
welcome! try one of these expos! reptileexpo.com

CLMoss

5 Year Member
Brooklyn, New York
Thank you all for such a warm welcome! Anthony & Peter, thanks for the info! I did check out the link and saw that Sean Casey will be vending there. I know Sean and will reach out to him regarding a new Star. I would like to go to the expo... Anybody from Brooklyn going there??? It would be nice to pick out my own Star. BTW, do vendors bring Stars to these events?

OK, Thanks again! ~C

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
vendors bring whatever they feel like bringing...if you get in contact with them before and tell them you're interested in buying one maybe they will work with you and you can buy it, and they will bring it to the show for you to take home from there instead of going through the shipping process and fees.

Status
Not open for further replies.