Hi. New Tortoise owner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pugboy2

5 Year Member
Hi everyone. My name is Dan, from California. I'm getting my first Tortoise today, very excited. Any advice for a new Tortoise owner would be great (especially diet). One of my sisters has a Tortoise so I've been getting a lot of advice from her and reading up on the internet. Look forward to reading your posts and connecting with other owners.

Dan

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Dan. What kind of tortoise? That makes a difference for the type of info we give you.

waterboy

5 Year Member
Riverbank, CA
Welcome california neighbor. Let us know the tort your getting and send some pics of it and where you are keeping it son we can all give you are input.

kanalomele

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
East Bay area
Welcome fellow Californian! I have had my Russian s for many years now and have always had success feeding them a wide variety of weeds flowers and succulents. A base of spring mix from the grocery store is also excellent, but for variety add dandelion leaves and flowers or clover or daylily flowers. Sedum aloe milkweed vetch cactus paddle... etc. The more you mix up the variety the better.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hello Dan! :tort: Is this new Russian going to be an adult or youngin'? What made you decide to get a tortoise?

Status
Not open for further replies.