Hi Yall' from Austin TX

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiannaandLeah

5 Year Member
[/quote]Hi Yall',
Well I am new here just incase you didn't know :), Wednesday I ws gifted with a 3-4 week old Leopard we think still working on identifing it (her?). As you may tell from my confussion she was found along with 3 others in a friends backyard. Yup all alone on their own heading out into the big wide world.Yes we hunted for her parents or owners (for a week) but no-one has laid claim so..my Dear friend gifted me one of the precioius babies and well here I am. I will take photos of her and her new home once I have completed it and know how to post photos :rolleyes: I have gathered so extremely valuable info from your forum and am well on my way to completion. TY Tom and others for your experience.
She will be staying in a 100 G. tank for the next few well..years I'm thinking but once she is big enough I have a wonderful yard for her to mow :D. Until then this is what I have setup, 100G, coco-core sustrate, water dish (good ol' terra cotta), food plate with collard greens and kale for today, tomorrow we are going to add some tradescantia (wandering jew), I've been soaking her 2x a day for now, have her lights on one side with her hiding spot (love the bowl idea Tom ty) she seems happy, healthy and hydrated considering she was wondering for how long in the TX sun. I'm sure I'm missing stuff so I'll keep reading and learning. Just wanted say Hi and introduce us! So Hi :D from Dianna and well no-name for now she hasn't told me yet. I'll keep yall' posted. TY for all the great info! So far so good.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Dianna:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

Are you saying that a clutch of leopard eggs hatched out in your friend's back yard with no mama leopard on the premises? OMG!!! What a lucky find. And how lucky for the babies that humans found them before birds or other animals.

DixieParadise

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Georgetown, TX
Howdy from Georgetown. Enjoy the forum and let me know if you need anything from my direction.

DiannaandLeah

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
Hi Dianna:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

Are you saying that a clutch of leopard eggs hatched out in your friend's back yard with no mama leopard on the premises? OMG!!! What a lucky find. And how lucky for the babies that humans found them before birds or other animals.

They did not hatch in my friends backyard but found their way to her backyard! Yes! 3 total so far..she is checking daily (needless to say) for more strays. Yes we went from house to house on her block and the block on each side front of house and those on the backside (each side of the street) to try and find her home but no one! can you believe stated they had Her Mom or that they knew who may have her. Oh the looks we got! I haven't laughed or smiled as much in sometime. We have even put up signs. Still no one is laying claim. So here I am a Proud Tort Mom in the making! LOL Yes as I said, she is a blessing/miracle never in my life have I seen or heard of anything like this, so I do feel very grateful to have found her or her me....

TY for the welcome I will take pics and when hubby gets home have him post 4 me.

Peace-
Dianna
0.0.1 (I think LOL)
1 dog
1cat
55G freshwater tank with bunches of fish (I'm not counting them for yall')
1 turtle
1 baby tort. :D

DiannaandLeah

5 Year Member
DixieParadise said:
Howdy from Georgetown. Enjoy the forum and let me know if you need anything from my direction.
Oh Yeehaa! Your are just up the road from me yippee for me! I hope you don't mind that I plan on taking you up on the offer! I will be needing it I'm sure. TY for the welcome.

DiannaandLeah

5 Year Member
oh looky here I can post replies right from here.LOL
Thank you EO for the Welcomes! I think I'm gonna like it here. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.