Hi

PutTheKettleOn

Location (City and/or State)
Portland, Or
This past March, we got our son a red foot for his 12th birthday. Since then the whole family has fallen totally in love with him/her. My son named him Gamera (after the tortoise from the Godzilla movies - friend to all the children in the world!) and we call him Gami for short.

He is about 3 years old, so we don't know his sex yet, we just got in the habit of referring to him as a male. The lady who raised him since birth did an amazing job with his humidity, so he's got a very smooth shell with no pyramiding. We didn't expect that he would have so much personality, to be honest, but have been pleasantly surprised by how smart and sweet he is!

I have been coming here as a guest for answers to all of my questions, since we are new to tortoise keeping, and I decided that it would be fun to join and get to know other tortoise enthusiasts. Anyway, I am new to this kind of community group thing, but I catch on quickly, so I am sure I'll figure it all out soon. Thanks! :)

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Hello and welcome.
Ask any questions that you may have about your Redfoot.
We have Redfoot keeping members from all areas of the world here. Myself included.

Tim Carlisle

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Cincinnati, OH
Welcome!

3s9l5w.gif

PutTheKettleOn

Portland, Or
Hello and welcome.
Ask any questions that you may have about your Redfoot.
We have Redfoot keeping members from all areas of the world here. Myself included.
I see that you and Gami have the same taste in yellow sports cars! I think he thought it was edible when he first went over to check it out, then he tried to climb it. I love this picture because it kinda captures his Godzilla movies size and attitude! Gamera the Car Crusher!! :D

LaLaP

5 Year Member
Portland, OR
Welcome! I love that name, Gamera! Are 12 yro kids into Godzilla these days?! That's so great!