Hi

Lyric Aarhaus

Location (City and/or State)
Washington
Hi I'm lyric and while I don't have a tortoise yet I am getting one in January and I'm so excited. I have been fascinated by tortoises and reptiles since I was a little kid. I will enjoy talking to anyone who can share their experience with me.

nicoleann2214

NY
Hi I'm lyric and while I don't have a tortoise yet I am getting one in January and I'm so excited. I have been fascinated by tortoises and reptiles since I was a little kid. I will enjoy talking to anyone who can share their experience with me.
Hi! Welcome, what kind?

Jan A

Boulder, CO
You will enjoy this so much. Welcome aboard!! I just got Houdini (a red foot) about 4 months ago & he is endlessly fascinating. Houdini is my first reptile. Are you getting a hatchling Russian or one older?

Lyric Aarhaus

Washington
You will enjoy this so much. Welcome aboard!! I just got Houdini (a red foot) about 4 months ago & he is endlessly fascinating. Houdini is my first reptile. Are you getting a hatchling Russian or one older?
Im not sure I'm getting one at Petco in January. I have a whole list of things that must be met for me to buy one from Petco

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Please read this before you spend the money on stuff you may not need:

Then read through the FAQ section and see if any of that applies to your situation.

Most new tortoise-keepers end up spending a lot of money on things that weren't needed, or things that are not right for the tortoise. I hope we've addressed all that for the new keeper in these threads.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
WTTC Lyric and it's very cool that you are planning ahead! As Y said, READ.....there is some amazing material in the care sheets...and if reading isn't someone's strong suite, any questions will be answered....but for most, it's just a lot easier to use the care sheets as a reference guide when starting out....they were written by people smarter than either of us!

Wow....a month and a half wait with two major holidays mixed in.....well, at least you'll have things to take your mind off the wait! I would not "do well" in that situation! LOL

jeff

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Hi and welcome,
This is the most up to date caresheet for Russians you need to make sure your tort's new home keeps him happy and healthy and if you follow that your baby should thrive.
There's a lot of reading to start out and there's lots to learn, but your tort will really benefit - as will your finances!!!
Ask as many questions as you like there's always someone to help.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Hey Hi and welcome @Lyric Aarhaus
Do ya mind telling generally speaking where are you in Washington? I'm in Corvallis Oregon. I'm fostering 3 of them right now, Russians that is...

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Welcoming you to the forum, Lyric. All the best.
I like your name.