Hi

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
That is such unique coloration it is hard to be sure. It certainly looks like a young Burmese Star. You can see the 6 ray pattern developing but without much pigment in the central scute areas. So looks like a baby Burmese Star that was hatched almost totally tan! A picture of the plastron (bottom) would help to be sure.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
That is quite beautiful. I've never seen anything like that over here in the states. It almost looks painted. I've love to see more pics.

zovick

10 Year Member!
Can someone help me to indetify, which breed is this?View attachment 355188
It is one of the types of Star Tortoises.

Possibly Burmese going by the plastron pix. Or does anyone think it could be a hybrid Star of some type?

Where did you get the ones in your pictures? Knowing that might shed some light on the situation.

tortiemad

IND

Possibly Burmese going by the plastron pix. Or does anyone think it could be a hybrid Star of some type?

Where did you get the ones in your pictures? Knowing that might shed some light on the situation.
Hello can u please help me indentify the male and female from the three?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Too small to tell male or female.

zovick

10 Year Member!
Hello can u please help me indentify the male and female from the three?
I cannot see the tails and anal scutes well enough on any of them to make a guess on their sexes.

Also, as Yvonne said, they are quite young to visually determine the sexes, even with better pictures.

Where did you get these tortoises? You did not answer that question.

tortiemad

IND
I cannot see the tails and anal scutes well enough on any of them to make a guess on their sexes.

Also, as Yvonne said, they are quite young to visually determine the sexes, even with better pictures.

Where did you get these tortoises? You did not answer that question.
They are up for adoption thru a friend of mine who runs a animal care facility. I really don't know the place of origin. Was planning to adopt them but wanted to know about them before getting them home.

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
That's great you want to adopt, even if you've had torts before, you may want to read this, its a really great source before one gets one:

tortiemad

IND
That's great you want to adopt, even if you've had torts before, you may want to read this, its a really great source before one gets one:

Thank you. I really appreciate it

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)

I'm thinking you might be correct. Hybrid Indian/Burmese. From the plastron shot, Burmese only have solid dark triangles on plastron. Indian only get the rays in the pattern. These have rays in the plastral dark areas = Indian Star. Yet the carapace shows the rays developing only from the junctions of the scute seams = Burmese Star.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
I also think it likely that they are hybrids, especially not knowing the origins.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
They are beautiful but way to young to tell the sex.
If they are not yours, buy them all. If they are already yours, please keep us posted on their growth with pictures.