hi!

Status
Not open for further replies.

alover

5 Year Member
Hello everyone, I'm a first timer in this forum and I find it extremely interesting. I've had my tortoise for 4 years but she's nearly 50 right now. I inherited her because the former owner thought I'd be the right person to take care of Shelly (I was in vet school at the time, now I'm a vet).
I came to this forum because I was looking for new things to add to Shelly's diet and when I googled pumpkin seeds the first site that came up was this one. I'll keep browsing now because it is a really interesting forum. I hope to learn a lot more about caring for these wonderful reptiles.

ps: oh Shelly's missing some pieces of her shell and her nails on her right front limb because the former owner had 2 akitas that thought she was a toy and chewed on her repeatedly. But she lives happily in my backyard now =)

Attachments

• DSC03726.JPG
    DSC03726.JPG
    293.3 KB · Views: 42

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi alover:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

May we know your name and where you are?

(Just a note to you and all other brand new members and lurkers: There's no need to post your initial threads more than once. Brand new members are moderated for their first five posts. This means that your first five posts don't show up until a moderator has a chance to look at them and approve them. If a moderator isn't online when you post, then the post won't show up until a moderator comes on line and reads it.)

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
New York
Welcome to the forum. I bet your tort is much happier not being a chew toy!!! Nice save! :)

alover

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
Hi alover:

(Just a note to you and all other brand new members and lurkers: There's no need to post your initial threads more than once. Brand new members are moderated for their first five posts. This means that your first five posts don't show up until a moderator has a chance to look at them and approve them. If a moderator isn't online when you post, then the post won't show up until a moderator comes on line and reads it.)

lol thanks! yeah I was really puzzled when I tried posting and the post wouldn't come up. I thought I had messed up somehow and wasn't allowed to write.

alover

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
Hi alover:

oh sorry I forgot. I'm Sofía and I live in a teeny tiny country right at the end of the world called Chile.

Guggie

10 Year Member!
Vernon Hills, IL
alover said:
oh sorry I forgot. I'm Sofía and I live in a teeny tiny country right at the end of the world called Chile.

Welcome! What's it like living life upside-down? :p

alover

5 Year Member
Guggie said:
alover said:

Welcome! What's it like living life upside-down? :p

lol normal for me ;)

Turtle Guru

5 Year Member
WV
Welcome to the forum and I bet that your tortoise is very happy now :D

C

Claireabbo

i bet he/she is a lot happier now!! :D being chewed on is no bueno ;) hehe

dvd5todd

5 Year Member
Heyy! I'm new too :) just have fun with this!
Here's a pic of my tortoise, Todd!

Status
Not open for further replies.