Hi

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarysTort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
California
Hi everyone! I don't think I've introduced myself yet. My name is Mary and our family has a sulcata hatchling named Kenya.

We originally wanted to get a turtle for our five year old son's birthday and after much research came to the conclusion that we wanted a tortoise and that we would have to take care of it. Who knew there was so much involved? The more we learned the more we realized what a big responsibility it was going to be. After months of reading we decided on a sulcata and started to prepare. We were so happy to finally get our little tort in May of 2008. My son named him Kenya and the rest is history!

Now we can't wait for him to grow up and live in our backyard! I'm already looking at sheds!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Mary: Welcome to the forum!

Yvonne

M

Maggie Cummings

Hi Mary...welcome to you and Kenya...what part of the country do you live in?

MarysTort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
California
Hi everyone!

We live in California. I think I remember a few others being from California too? :D

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hi Mary! I like the name Kenya! :) You sound a bit like me, I recently (after years of dreaming and then trying to be "realistic" and talking myself back out of it :D) got a little sulcata. I have all these plans for his adult home, but am having a hard time trying to decide where his nursery enclosure should be. I know, when he is an adult, I am going to look back and wish him tiny again, but dang it, I want him to grow up and fit his adult pens. :D Very nice to have you joining us!!

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Welcome to the forum :) There are a lot of us here that have Sulcatas, so if you have any questions at all, please fire away!

Kristina

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Hi Mary, I also live in California. Actually I live in Alhambra CA, are you close. We thought about getting a sulcata, but got a little afraid of the adult size so we ended up with a Cherryhead tortoise. He is very cute. So many people on this site seem to have sulcatas and love them. Good luck to you and your little one. Do you have any pictures that you could post of him? Candy

MarysTort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
California
I'm sorry, I can't seem to get my pictures on here! Even after reading the picture post! We live in Stockton, CA.

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
The easiest way for me to do it is to go to a picture uploading site such as tinypic.com

After you upload the picture from your hard drive it gives you a link you can copy and paste for message boards (IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards). Copy and paste that entire link into your post.

Status
Not open for further replies.