Hibernating Tortoise Is Stirring

Tabby0318

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
England
Aww Jacky is 86 and Daisy is 79. Daisy isn't hibernating due to an inflamed paw. Her paw is much better now.

MaNaAk
Glad Daisy is better. I bet they can eat a lot. I worry growing Tabby enough food lol. We have been learning as we go as Tabby is our first tortoise and unexpected so we had no preparation. She loves her flowers though and she does like company, always following me round the garden. Wouldn't be without her now ?

MaNaAk

Southend
Glad Daisy is better. I bet they can eat a lot. I worry growing Tabby enough food lol. We have been learning as we go as Tabby is our first tortoise and unexpected so we had no preparation. She loves her flowers though and she does like company, always following me round the garden. Wouldn't be without her now ?
Do you insure Tabby? I just wondered if it's worth insuring Jacky and Daisy. Also can the forum recommend any specific company?

MaNaAk

Tabby0318

5 Year Member
England
Do you insure Tabby? I just wondered if it's worth insuring Jacky and Daisy. Also can the forum recommend any specific company?

MaNaAk
I have been looking, but some insurance companies have age limits. I also wasn't sure about cites certificates if needed I think you have to prove where you got your tortoise if it is pre 1984. New bred tortoises have to be microchipped. Hopefully someone will be able to give advise ?

MaNaAk

Southend
The vet's insurance company normally deals with cats and dogs and of course Jacky and Daisy have never been insured. It's set to get colder from tomorrow. Daisy is waking up and will need medicine and so I'll say Happy New Year it was strange seeing Jacky and Daisy together yesterday!

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Southend
Yes Jacky's back to sleep as well but I have blown another basking lamp bulb in Daisy's enclosure because I accidentally turned it off. Anyway I shall buy a spare this time and I've labelled the switch to remind myself not to do this.

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Southend
Daisy has a spare basking lamp bulb and Jacky is back in hibernation. Perhaps I should go into hibernation after my long walk today.

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Southend
Good evening everyone.

I've decided to put some of the polystyrene take I took out of the pet carrier back in as the thermometer is plunging this evening.

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Southend
Good morning everyone,

Non-hibernating tortoise is snoring!

MaNaAk

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
London, UK

MaNaAk
Hi I ensure with exotic reptiles in UK.

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
London, UK
Think there is a cap/clause of age 50 and if insurance in place at that age then it can continue. You can ask or shop around. What a great age, good on them ??

MaNaAk

Southend
After last night's thumping when I put Daisy to bed it is clear they can still get up to mischief. Jacky who is 86 is good at ramming.

MaNaAk