Hibernating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Centexsnakes

5 Year Member
Do I need to hibernate my boxie? I've read that I need to but I've also read that as long as temps are good I don't, any advice? My guy is still very little but I want to get a jump on all of this stuff so my little friend is as healthy as he can be! Thanks in advance!

1.1 ball pythons 0.0.1 RES
0.0.1 eastern box 2.1 cats
0.1 dog

luvpetz27

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio USA
I have never hibernated my box turtles. Some people do and some do not. I am sure you will get different answers about it. I do not have a baby tho.....mine are adults. Hopefully you will get a reply that can help you. I am not sure about baby boxies.

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Amish Country
I hibernate my adults mainly because they're difficult for me to properly take care of in the winter. Babies and juveniles, I keep awake all year. It's always chancy to hibernate, and sometimes they don't do well.

txturtle13

5 Year Member
yagyujubei said:
I hibernate my adults mainly because they're difficult for me to properly take care of in the winter. Babies and juveniles, I keep awake all year. It's always chancy to hibernate, and sometimes they don't do well.

Do you hibernate your adults inside our outside? I'm trying to make similar decisions with my adult.

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Amish Country
Inside. I recently bought a compact refrigerator for just this.
txturtle13 said:
yagyujubei said:

Do you hibernate your adults inside our outside? I'm trying to make similar decisions with my adult.

Status
Not open for further replies.