High fin banded shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

BowandWalter

5 Year Member
Just got one from a friend, it was a bit of a surprise. He eventually will be going into my pond, with the koi. Right now he's bombing around in my 75 gallon cold water tank, I'm keeping him inside until he gets a bit bigger, he's 2.5-3 inches right now. The Internet doesn't seem to have much for solid care guidelines, or any personal information that doesn't seem to say that a ten gallon tropical tank is gggrrrreeeaaaattt... BS. Has anyone on here kept them?

mctlong

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
SF Valley, SoCal
I've never seen one before. Can you post pics? I'm super curious what these sharks look like. :)

BowandWalter

5 Year Member
The tank is unlit because of the other occupants, in person he has beautiful diagonal bars. I'll post better pictures when he's more settled and I can aim a light at him.

Attachments

• image-2541381172.png
    image-2541381172.png
    242.3 KB · Views: 19

BowandWalter

5 Year Member
I can't seem to get it to show. I'll try later once I have a better picture.

BowandWalter

5 Year Member
Eweezyfosheezy said:
try tinypic.com to upload pics on here.

Okydoke
I still should get a better picture of him. Probably tomorrow, he just made an impressive jump out of the tank because I overfilled it, whoops.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
They need a lot of vegetation in the diet. Aquatic plants or algae is best. In the past I gave them algae wafers, leafy greens and spirulina flake.

BowandWalter

5 Year Member
Tom said:
They need a lot of vegetation in the diet. Aquatic plants or algae is best. In the past I gave them algae wafers, leafy greens and spirulina flake.

I was already planning on grabbing zucchini tomorrow. One thing I read said to feed them sushi seaweed, is it good for them? what types of leafy greens would be best? Did your jump with amazing agility?

Some of what I've read says they do best in schools, should I call in some favors and snaffle him a friend?

AustinASU

5 Year Member
Pensacola, FL
I love the Chinese hi fins.....FYI they have been known to live 100 plus years and reach ungodly lengths. I just hope your willing to have a large pond in your yard one day.

BowandWalter

5 Year Member
AustinASU said:
I love the Chinese hi fins.....FYI they have been known to live 100 plus years and reach ungodly lengths. I just hope your willing to have a large pond in your yard one day.

I have two ponds at 1000 gallons each. I'm literally stoked for when he's ungodly sized!

Status
Not open for further replies.