HIGH POLLUTION WARNING.KEEP HIM IN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
We are having very high temps, 100-110, high humidity and now just heard high pollution warning. I have my 16 month old leopard outside. The high pollution warning makes it hard for some people to breath. Should I keep him in when the pollution is high? I am in the city of Chicago.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I really doubt it would cause him problems, but your concerned. Because it concerns you, then by all means bringing him in for the day. It's not going to hurt him and it will give you peace of mind.

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
Our pollution warnings are higher too, because of the 4th, and then the fires in Colorado don't help. I haven't been too worried about letting Carl out for his daily hour of sunshine but if you have a nice indoor enclosure that he'd be just as comfortable in on a hot day like this, might as well, just in case :)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I am not too concerned. If I lived right down town I would be. I am approx. 2miles away. However, in the wilds of Africa, even though he was born in the USA, they never encounter pollution. So was wondering if it would be a concern. I would rather have him outside as long as it's safe. His outside enclosure in much better then the inside one.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.