Hiii!

Itsdeeyo

Location (City and/or State)
England
Hi my names dee and this cutie is Linda, she is a Greek spur thighed (will be 1 years old in August)
I thought she had hibernated but I noticed she was moving around when I checked on her; a friend told me that she was just sleeping so I put her lights back on (she had lights off for a few day’s when I thought she was hibernating)
I know they slow down in the winter but she hasn’t wanted to eat anything I’ve offered for two weeks now, someone else told me they can go 10 weeks not eating! I just wanted some more opinions and advice please! I bathe her for 10 mins every other morning - offer her fresh food every day which consists of either - mazuri, pellets, lambs lettuce, lettuce, violas and approved weeds. I even offered her a bit of a strawberry yesterday but she wasn’t interested! Her viv tank is currently 26.5 degrees Celsius- she has a bask lamp with a automatic thermostat which is set to 28 degrees Celsius at one end of her viv, I hope that’s enough info! 88002CD5-2FA6-4054-B6F3-D9FC4F3A877A.jpeg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Your little tortoise would benefit from a bit more moisture in it's environment. Do you notice that the shell is rather bumpy? It should be smooth. This is called "pyramiding," and is caused by raising baby tortoises in a too dry environment.

What is the temperature all over the whole enclosure at floor level? Baby tortoises won't eat unless they're warm enough. And do you have a good light for the tortoise to "sun" himself?

NoxidMullac

London
Hi, and welcome! Some wonderful advice and very experienced keepers here. I’ve already benefitted enormously and I hope you do too ?

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Hello and welcome to the forum. And Yvonne provided some great advices.