Hikari Mulberific Delite (Mulberry pellets)

jcase

Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Pittsboro, NC
Wondering if anyone has tried these. I'm always looking for new things to add variety to diets, especially in winter. I just planted mulberry trees so when I saw these I picked a small bag up.

Their Saki turtle pellets are amazing (a bit on the high end of price esp when you have a lot of turtles).

I just tossed some in with the radiata but they have been eating all day so i dont expect much attention.

Attachments

• PXL_20221026_180332144.jpg
    PXL_20221026_180332144.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 9
  • PXL_20221026_181413294.jpg
    PXL_20221026_181413294.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 9

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
I'm interested in checking this out more. Where did you buy? The website Hikari and the link you provide shows no options to purchase.

Thanks!

jcase

Platinum Tortoise Club
Pittsboro, NC
I'm interested in checking this out more. Where did you buy? The website Hikari and the link you provide shows no options to purchase.

Thanks!

I actually got a wholesale account with hikari this week, primarily for the saki turtle pellets, but i might get a larger batch of the mulberry pellets if they are well liked, however @#%%@#% they are on the high side of expenisve

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
Well... I was thinking of trying 22 lb bag shown on Hikari site. This looked like a great possible staple amendment to the diet of my tortoises. BUT... if 8.8 lbs is over $200, I think this is not an option!!!!

jcase

Platinum Tortoise Club
Pittsboro, NC
Well... I was thinking of trying 22 lb bag shown on Hikari site. This looked like a great possible staple amendment to the diet of my tortoises. BUT... if 8.8 lbs is over $200, I think this is not an option!!!!
and that is why i bought a 7oz bag despite the number of tortoises i have here.

I still like to try a bit of everything on the market that is from reputable places

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
This looks pretty cool. I'd try it. I use their cichlid pellets daily for my fish tank.

jcase

Platinum Tortoise Club
Pittsboro, NC
Well it appears at least most of the radiata took to them ... but they will eat anything. Might try with the platynota tomorrow

Reactions: Tom

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Wondering if anyone has tried these. I'm always looking for new things to add variety to diets, especially in winter. I just planted mulberry trees so when I saw these I picked a small bag up.

Their Saki turtle pellets are amazing (a bit on the high end of price esp when you have a lot of turtles).

I just tossed some in with the radiata but they have been eating all day so i dont expect much attention.
Dang! Almost makes me wish I didn't have a couple mulberry trees. But I think I'll go ahead and order a couple bags for winter when the leaves are off the trees.

jcase

Platinum Tortoise Club
Pittsboro, NC
William has a wholesale thingey. I thought he could check it out.
He should, just didn't want to cause sticker shock.

I have a wholesale account with a couple of their distributors as well. Their pricing structure isn't the same as other companies. The per lb price doesn't change with quantity very much at all, even with wholesale.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Darn, I too would buy some but not at those prices.
I will keep drying my mulberry leaves for winter use.

jcase

Platinum Tortoise Club
Pittsboro, NC
Darn, I too would buy some but not at those prices.
I will keep drying my mulberry leaves for winter use.
I just planted my trees, I've been trying to find fresh or dried full leaves for ages and could only find iffy sources. Gave up and bought plants.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I just planted my trees, I've been trying to find fresh or dried full leaves for ages and could only find iffy sources. Gave up and bought plants.
I have 3 fruitless dwarfs I planted in 2014. I feed sparingly thru summer more as snacks as the torts can graze on grasses and weeds. Then I strip them in the fall and place in mesh bags to feed in winter. I have frozen them too in air tight vacuum sealed bags. Both work fine.
Someone told me a few months ago that stripping them in summer will give me more leaves as they will grow back the same summer. I tried just a few branches and they were growing new leaves. Next summer I will strip sooner for winter drying so I can get two batches from each tree.