Hints and tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

yoda3106

5 Year Member
Help!! Good friends of mine have got a tortoise and are new to it so I'm helping them along!! But, it's gone missing :( any tips or hints when looking for him guys!! I'm looking tommorow and won't stop till I find it :(

Neal

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
I assume the tortoise is smallish? You'll have to look in everywhere. Those small tortoises will get themselves into the weirdest places you would never think to look.

An old member had one climb into a dryer vent one time.

Alan RF

5 Year Member
United Kingdom
What type of tortoise is it? It might of burrowed???? Hope you find it! Keep us posted ;)

yoda3106

5 Year Member
Neal said:
I assume the tortoise is smallish? You'll have to look in everywhere. Those small tortoises will get themselves into the weirdest places you would never think to look.

An old member had one climb into a dryer vent one time.

It's outside some where :(

Alan RF said:
What type of tortoise is it? It might of burrowed???? Hope you find it! Keep us posted ;)

It's a Greek tort, he's not big but not tiny, but they move fast which can be a pain!! Will keep ya updated!!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
One of the best tips I've heard is to get down on hands and knees and look from closer to the tortoises POV.

yoda3106

5 Year Member
Tom said:
One of the best tips I've heard is to get down on hands and knees and look from closer to the tortoises POV.

I'll be on my hands and knees until there red raw looking for him!! Tom, did you see my hibernation thread??

yoda3106

5 Year Member
Sorry guys but it's bad news, we can't find him anywhere a we think it's possible that somebody has stolen him!! Theres no way he would have got out of his enclosure and there was a few Cypriots watching them feed him a few weeks back so maybe :(

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Don't give up the look. It can be amazing what they can climb or squeeze through to escape. Also did you did down in his enclosure to see if he went underground? Especially under a plant.

Alan RF

5 Year Member
United Kingdom
yoda3106 said:
Sorry guys but it's bad news, we can't find him anywhere a we think it's possible that somebody has stolen him!! Theres no way he would have got out of his enclosure and there was a few Cypriots watching them feed him a few weeks back so maybe :(

I hope not :( keep looking you never know :)

Cherbear

5 Year Member
Ohio
I have a small greek that totally buries herself underground and under a plant. I hope you find yours!

Status
Not open for further replies.