Hit by car RT. Caution graphic pic

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana, USA
You might want to add a note that it's a bit graphic- some people could be distressed by those pictures.

But I think it's amazing what veterinary science can do! THanks!

hessbrit

You might want to add a note that it's a bit graphic- some people could be distressed by those pictures.

But I think it's amazing what veterinary science can do! THanks!

Ugh I always forget to do that. Is there a way to edit my original post?

Tyanna

Wisconsin
You could ask a mod to add it to your posts title.

I've seen this story before, it's very sad but also happy they could fix it up.

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
Wow, That's one of the worse damages I've seen, yet the pictures actually didn't effect me as bad as I thought, and I have a sensitivity to Russians because that's what my lil guy is. Its great that they were able to fix it up, and very good to get the full progression of the damage and fixing process.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I got the title changed. It is amazing what they can do now, but I wonder if the poor thing should have been put out of its misery. I think some people think tortoise don't hurt or feel pain like any other animal, because they have a hard shell. That poor thing was suffering bad and for how long will he be until healed? I will spend whatever it takes to save my animals, but I think this one was more selfish on the humans part than love, concern and helping for the poor tort. Hmm, I don't know.
The is for the share though.

hessbrit

I got the title changed. It is amazing what they can do now, but I wonder if the poor thing should have been put out of its misery. I think some people think tortoise don't hurt or feel pain like any other animal, because they have a hard shell. That poor thing was suffering bad and for how long will he be until healed? I will spend whatever it takes to save my animals, but I think this one was more selfish on the humans part than love, concern and helping for the poor tort. Hmm, I don't know.
The is for the share though.

I read through all of the comments on the post because I thought the same thing. They said they gave him pain meds for the procedure and I would think they would have sent some home with the owner as well. They also said that it would probably take 6 months to a year to fully heal.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Let's hope he isn't in pain, that I'm sure he will be in for quite some time. I also hope the owners keep up on the meds, which Im sure isn't easy to give a tort.