Hiya this is Victor my 8 year old Hermann. (bumpy shell)

richkez32

Location (City and/or State)
Birmingham
My daughter brought him for my yesterday and a complete set up basically everything I need for Victor. Can anyone tell me if his shell is showing signs off pyramiding. Also do his claws seem a bit on the long side. My daughter brought him for me as I am quite ill. And she knew I had always wanted one since I was a child. She brought Victor from someone with a few Hermann tortoise. But Victor was the only one for sale. He is eating ok he loves the garden and seems well in himself. It’s just his bumps on his shell that I am slightly worried about. Any advice greatly appreciated. Kind Regards Rich9F104371-0471-4B0A-B935-362CD6F533E7.jpeg3FC1A912-C769-462B-AB74-AC75B0B763CC.jpeg

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
Congrats on your tortoise. Welcome to the forum. He does have some pyramiding, however it will not hurt him. Hopefully an expert will be able to help you more. Can you post pictures of the enclosure? And what are you feeding him? I love my Hermanns

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
Also if you post pictures of the underneath and the tail area someone should be able to find out if Victor is a Victoria?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It just means that when he was a growing baby he was kept too dry. Usually it's only cosmetic, but sometimes being too dry causes them to have bladder stones. Be sure to always have fresh water available in a dish big enough for him to easily climb in and out of.

richkez32

Birmingham
Currently he is in a 4 ft viv which I know is not ideal. We will be building him an outside enclosure very soon. His diet is the pellets he came with which is Komodo complete. He also has green leaf salad. And dandelion and clover and grass when in the garden. He also as calcium with his feed. And plenty of access to clean water. I gave him a bath this morning he loved it. Here 528191A2-A30D-4AED-A38D-EC81E6B1F5F0.jpeg16DF1F6A-B91A-45E8-A4D1-18B003DA7DD0.jpegC2B42E2D-821D-4638-A37E-34267FFCF5BF.jpegis a picture of his belly and tail