Home Depot and incandescent lighting

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Home Depot has been the last place that I could still get low wattage incandescent bulbs to use for heat in my Chameleon cages.
Both of my local stores have the entire bulb display covered and ready for the new selection of ALL LED lights.
The person I spoke with didn't know if the last of the incandescent bulbs will be placed on clearance or not

Attachments

• 20220103_173413.jpg
    20220103_173413.jpg
    502.8 KB · Views: 17

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I just bought about 50 bulbs in AZ. 65 floods, 45 floods, and 25 watt rounds.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
EVERYTHING can be obtained on the 'net, EVERY THING......"if you search, you will find them"

Z, they are out there and they can actually ship them intact! I'm sure you know but I'd rather say it and maybe help.... ebay is your friend for old tech!

I understand about the "real lights", I stocked up too when LED's were selling for 10 bucks each 20 yrs ago. I got nervous for the future. That's just me but I feel that it was silly now to some extent. I learned a lot more about kelvin and light temps than I ever really wanted to know(someone on this forum is a expert I think) but I moved to mostly LED's now. I use the "super bulbs" (23W dimmable)in house lamps and 80W Fan-lights with the four petals for the basement storage areas, laundry and garage................funny how I never noticed a drop in my bill even though I made the change at all at one time....lol

There are several applications where LED's suck as we all know...as mentioned, Floods, specialties, daytime use flashlights(like working on a car engine), heat generation and dimmable's......but at least they aren't 10 bucks a bulb for normal lamps!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
EVERYTHING can be obtained on the 'net, EVERY THING......"if you search, you will find them"
Unfortunately Jeff, this is not the case. At least not in CA. I can go on Amazon and "find" the bulbs I need, but they will not ship them to CA, so no, I can not "obtain" them here. CA has made it illegal to sell them in CA. Even if the seller is outside CA, they won't sell them to a buyer in CA. We have to go out of state to buy them and bring them back, or have a friend buy them out of state and re-ship them to us.

I also happily switched to more efficient bulbs voluntarily before they passed these non-sensical tyrannical laws. I first went to CFLs, and then to LEDs as they became more available and cheaper.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I've still been able to buy incandescent bulbs from Amazon.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
I think I'm going to go buy a couple boxes of incandescent bulbs then list them on eBay in about 5 years ?, I already have a couple bottles of Aunt Jemima syrup I am planning on doing that with lol.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Well I just went to Amazon to order some bulbs and was told they couldn't send the bulbs to my address. So I asked my friend, Google where I could buy incandescent bulbs and she told me 1000bulbs.com. So I went there and placed an order for two dozen 60 watt bulbs and my order was accepted. But the shipping was more than the bulbs. . . something like $26 for $23 worth of bulbs.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
If I can stop laughing at what Todd said about his syrup I can type........, then Tom telling me that in CA, I can legally buy weed but not a light bulb....because...., take this part in slowly...."the light bulb will cause more harm".....yes, let that settle into the brain and simmer for a moment.....makes it hard to type again while laughing! I'm sure all, had their reasons but come on man, we can't make up that brand of stupid! Tongue-in-cheek of course!

Commend the fast research Y....hmmm, there's always a method or 3 around it.....

Big Ron

Tortoise Club
Florida
Home Depot has been the last place that I could still get low wattage incandescent bulbs to use for heat in my Chameleon cages.
Both of my local stores have the entire bulb display covered and ready for the new selection of ALL LED lights.
The person I spoke with didn't know if the last of the incandescent bulbs will be placed on clearance or not
Do you have any Ace hardware's close to you if so they carry many things that big box stores don't i have no problem getting incandescent bulbs from the stores that are here locally,it might be worth your while to check them out,i spent an easy $100 or so in there this week getting things i needed for my unexpected very early timing of my tort coming to me the man that i was purchasing them from was selling them because he was sick and it was getting to be to much i was still not getting Herman till next month but he passed away and him son asked me if there was anyway i could get him early,so Ace was a life saver,sorry for rambling sure you are not interested in a novel :)

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Do you have any Ace hardware's close to you if so they carry many things that big box stores don't i have no problem getting incandescent bulbs from the stores that are here locally,it might be worth your while to check them out,i spent an easy $100 or so in there this week getting things i needed for my unexpected very early timing of my tort coming to me the man that i was purchasing them from was selling them because he was sick and it was getting to be to much i was still not getting Herman till next month but he passed away and him son asked me if there was anyway i could get him early,so Ace was a life saver,sorry for rambling sure you are not interested in a novel :)
Ebay and Amazon is still an option. And I CAN still find an incandescent bulb locally here and there. They aren't outlawed yet in Florida.
But this is the beginning of the end.
I use florescent bulbs all throughout my house. They're great for lighting.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
If I can stop laughing at what Todd said about his syrup I can type........, then Tom telling me that in CA, I can legally buy weed but not a light bulb....because...., take this part in slowly...."the light bulb will cause more harm".....yes, let that settle into the brain and simmer for a moment.....makes it hard to type again while laughing! I'm sure all, had their reasons but come on man, we can't make up that brand of stupid! Tongue-in-cheek of course!

Commend the fast research Y....hmmm, there's always a method or 3 around it.....
I stopped laughing about it long ago...