Home Depot seeds on sale!!!!

Saleama

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Irving Texas
...they are currently offering all flower, veggie and herb seeds buy one get one free. Can't be beat. I bought some mixed lettuce seeds on Saturday, planted them on Sunday and I have sprouts this afternoon on Monday. Going back tomorrow to buy the rest of their stock of the ones I need. My patio is going to be a jungle of veggies and flowers this spring!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Lucky you. I was just there. Got some seeds, but they weren't on sale:(. Price still not bad though.

Barista5261

5 Year Member
Central Florida
[FLUSHED FACE][FLUSHED FACE][FLUSHED FACE]

Time to stock up for the veggie and herb garden! Whooooooo!

Thanks for the heads up! [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]

Mel

5 Year Member
I was wondering if I just planted a bunch of seeds right in the pen if they'd have a chance to grow. Seems doubtful.

Barista5261

5 Year Member
Central Florida
Depends if your torts are diggers and bulldozers like mine :p I have grass growing in their enclosures in separate little pots that they haven't tried to knock over... So far.... Fingers crossed.

Saleama

5 Year Member
Irving Texas
Mel said:
I was wondering if I just planted a bunch of seeds right in the pen if they'd have a chance to grow. Seems doubtful.

They would have a small chance if they are planted with Leopard babies or box turtles. With Sulcatas or Russians, no chance at all. I hade a HUGE tub of sprouts this winter (clover) and one of my Russians decided to come out on a nice cold January afternoon. I had planned on him being under a few ore months so I planted the seeds in the quarantine tub I use for new torts and that was the only place I could put him. I put him in to watch him and went to the grocery store. An hour later when I cam home there was not a single sprout left. He ate a Christmas Tree tub (4 x 2) that was literaly wall to wall sprouts in less than an hour! Anyway, the short answer is no. I do like to section a part off and grow them and then turn the little guys loose in there when the sprouts are about three inches high! For $0.80 a pack for lettuce seeds it is cheap and easy to do.