Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
San Jose CA
Where are you??????????

SChromik

Edmonton Ab Canada
Sorry it posted before I was ready. I am trying to figure out how to attach some picture of the vivarium I set up for the baby Redfoot I will be getting on Wednesday. I was hoping for some constructive advice on it. But I just cannot figure out how to post the pictures :p

SChromik

Edmonton Ab Canada
So this is my new babies home. It is 40 x 20. I realize I will be needing a new enclosure in the not too distant future but baby is a hatchling right now. He arrives on Wednesday so I am hoping to have every thing set up for him or her. I have coco and top soil for substrate wire span Um moss on top.

pfara

10 Year Member!
Maryland
Very beautiful enclosure! Your baby will definitely feel secure in there. Terry seems to spread inspiration everywhere. Good luck on the wait.. it's super unbearable but totally worth it. Post pics and congrats!

KatieandKyle

5 Year Member
It looks like you put a lot of time and care into it! I'm sure your new baby will love it! I'm sure you have read the care sheets, it's easy to immerse your self into those threads!

SChromik

Edmonton Ab Canada
Thank. And you are right, I spent pretty much all of yesterday reading posts. I was extremely fascinated about the ones on pyramiding. I am taking it all into my head so I can do the best for my new baby. Any and all advise is most welcome.☺

SChromik

Edmonton Ab Canada
Very beautiful enclosure! Your baby will definitely feel secure in there. Terry seems to spread inspiration everywhere. Good luck on the wait.. it's super unbearable but totally worth it. Post pics and congrats!
I am on pins and needles waiting but only 4 more sleeps lol.

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
Your baby is going to be in heaven! You did a fantastic job and followed a very knowledgable person ( Terry).
Where are you getting your baby from?
I'm excited for you!
Redfoots rule!

SChromik

Edmonton Ab Canada
Your baby is going to be in heaven! You did a fantastic job and followed a very knowledgable person ( Terry).
Where are you getting your baby from?
I'm excited for you!
Redfoots rule!
I am getting my baby from Port Credit Pet Centre in Ontario. They are shipping Tuesday to arrive Wednesday morning. I am in Edmonton Alberta and could not find anyone selling local.

redfootdaddy

5 Year Member
Toronto ON
I am getting my baby from Port Credit Pet Centre in Ontario. They are shipping Tuesday to arrive Wednesday morning. I am in Edmonton Alberta and could not find anyone selling local.
I know that place! We're in Toronto so it's pretty close (not where we got our redfoot, though). They're really knowledgeable, great staff. The name says "Pet Centre" but they're reptile-specific.

SChromik

Edmonton Ab Canada
I know that place! We're in Toronto so it's pretty close (not where we got our redfoot, though). They're really knowledgeable, great staff. The name says "Pet Centre" but they're reptile-specific.
I had read some good things about them, nice to here from someone who has been there. :) Cannot wait for tomorrow to get here :~D

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
Holy gosh. I am really really REALLY jealous of that gorgeous tank! I have just one thing to say (except I that I really like that setup) I tried several times to plants nice things in my russians table, but he killed them, and I ended up having success in putting clay pots with my plants in there (he still knocks the pot over )
Good luck with your baby!

SChromik

Edmonton Ab Canada
Holy gosh. I am really really REALLY jealous of that gorgeous tank! I have just one thing to say (except I that I really like that setup) I tried several times to plants nice things in my russians table, but he killed them, and I ended up having success in putting clay pots with my plants in there (he still knocks the pot over )
Good luck with your baby!
Thanks so far she has tasted a couple of them but did no damage. She was very happy when one of the hibiscus buds got knocked off then I was misting though. She liked it very much.