Homes hinge back tortoise: help and advice about diet,In activity, and worms.

Jojoshu63

Location (City and/or State)
Cleveland Ohio
Hi I just recently bought a homes hingeback tortoise and it’s been about 2 weeks and I have been struggling to get it to eat ever since I brought it home. It’s not being very active it’s not eating and i have tried giving everything it’s save to eat and I im not sure what to do. But I just found a long white worm in my enclosure and after doing research I learned it was a round worm. And I just want some answer from people more experienced than me but what should be my next step? Are the worms what’s causing my tortoise to act like that and why she isn’t eating at all? And what can I do to get rid of the worms? Is there anything I can do at home to help her get rid of them, what medicine should I buy, how do I give her the medicine, and just what should I do in general?

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Hi I just recently bought a homes hingeback tortoise and it’s been about 2 weeks and I have been struggling to get it to eat ever since I brought it home. It’s not being very active it’s not eating and i have tried giving everything it’s save to eat and I im not sure what to do. But I just found a long white worm in my enclosure and after doing research I learned it was a round worm. And I just want some answer from people more experienced than me but what should be my next step? Are the worms what’s causing my tortoise to act like that and why she isn’t eating at all? And what can I do to get rid of the worms? Is there anything I can do at home to help her get rid of them, what medicine should I buy, how do I give her the medicine, and just what should I do in general?
Those who could help you will need detailed information on the conditions of enclosure, what you are offering it to eat, and pictures.

Jojoshu63

Cleveland Ohio
Those who could help you will need detailed information on the conditions of enclosure, what you are offering it to eat, and pictures.
I have been offering it kale, collared greens,snails,worms