Homeschooling - long read... lots of pics...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoctorCosmonaut

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Oregon
Just a reminder A LOT is changing in how school's are dealing with and analyzing students with ADD/ADHD. I firmly believe that the teachers that the universities are putting out are going to be far superior to what most of you remember from your childhood. There are so many more courses on this stuff, and so much more attention, and the idea of differentiating instruction and building a constructivist classroom oriented around student interests and involvement is what the current collegial curriculum is focused on.

I think it is going to be a lot harder to manage to be a sub-par teacher in the next few years.

alfiethetortoise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
England
ChiKat said:
alfiethetortoise said:
I pulled out some Jolly Phonics today, and thought, 'she isnt even two, calm down!'.

Jolly Phonics!!! That's what we use with the students in my kindergarten class :D You are the only other person I've heard reference that before! Is it more common over there in the UK since it was developed by a teacher in England?

In the UK everyone follows Jolly Phonics :p they even sell it in toys are us, if parents choose to use it at home. The government recently wrote thier own phonics pack (DFEE) "Progression in Phonics" which is basically Jolly Phonics dulled down! Because i am a teacher and i used to teach Infants (ages 5,6,7) i have my own set of Jolly Phincs at home :)

Status
Not open for further replies.