Honu's Happy Home

LauraBSD

5 Year Member
This is my first post and I am happy to present Honu's new Home! It is a 40 gallon breeder tank and I taped off and spray painted 8" on the outside of the tank,so she would'nt feel the need to "breakout"...She goes outside in the yard everyday but unfortunately I cannot let her out there all the time, I have 2 80lb dogs...so unless I can watch her she can't roam out there...I also let her roam in the bedroom where her set up is...but for the days where she cannot go outside and at night this is her area! A friend of mine found Honu in her yard..she was super thirsty so I gave her a good soak and she perked right up...I believe she is a 3 toed boxie....This forum is the best by the way!

Thank you! Laura and Honu!
honu's home 2.jpghonu's home.jpgHonu 3.jpghonu home 3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Looks nice. Nice looking Boxie too. If you don't mind a suggestion, a couple plants would be nice. They like to hide under them.

LauraBSD

5 Year Member
wellington said:
Looks nice. Nice looking Boxie too. If you don't mind a suggestion, a couple plants would be nice. They like to hide under them.

That is on my "to do" list..just put this together today, needed to get her out of the rubbermaid tote....and ideas on safe plants for her?

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
The black area was a great idea and looks very nice. :)

LauraBSD

5 Year Member
thank you! I have since added some plants and she seems to enjoy them…here are some pictures of her eating some worms! She is VERY picky..I offer her veggies and fruit every day but doesn't seem to like them…but I will keep on offering them to her! Yay for the worms though!!!!!

honu worms.jpg
honu worms 2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: